• Problems with ATI

Hello,

My Setup:
    Radeon HD 4870
    Kubuntu 10.10
    Catalyst 11.3
    2 VGA monitors connected with DVI 2 VGA converter

Problems:
    1)Video is not tearing free (even with Tear Free Desktop enabled) - stutters and is not smooth
    2) simple thing - for example, lets go to www.minecraft.net and play classic, then just leave page - bingo! 2nd monitor turns blank - settings suddenly changed? (this problem is from catalyst 10.9 (around 10.9 i got this graphics card)

Maybe i am missing some settings etc? Have tried xinerama ON and OFF, with xinerama on i have mouse cursor problems, it gets distorted on some pages (extjs window resize cursor for example is square like with random dots), xinerama off is bet i have found at the moment, but, also cursor sometimes turns in to long line

http://fleck.rullz.lv/ati/ << here is screenshot with my mouse cursor, this happens now and then...!

Any ideas?

Ohh, and one more thing with catalyst - i am using x11vnc to connect remote desktop - allways leads to crash, even complete crash where nothing can be done to normaly restart PC!

Comment

About xinerama, see this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by PsynoKhi0 View Post
        About xinerama, see this thread.
        Seen that, no solution there...

Comment

What player do you use for videos and what kind of videos are you talking about?

I use SMPlayer with
          gl (fast -ATI cards)
          as the output driver under Preferences - Video.
          Working fine for me, no Tear-free desktop needed.

Comment

HD video - try some mkv file on one monitor, and switch windows (minizime, maximize) on second...

What about 2nd problem? Some games turn off 2nd monitor...

On Natty - still the same...

Comment

Working...
            X