X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fritsch
    started a topic AMD Zacate E-350

AMD Zacate E-350

I just received my new hardware with AMD E-350 Chipset (Zacate)

What is working for now on Ubuntu 10.10:
    Sound,network,etc.

What is not working:
    Video decoding on GPU with libvba stuff.
    [ 299.222] (II) fglrx(0): UVD feature is enabled(II) fglrx(0)

So for now, there is not accelaration of x264 and so on. No 1080p Videos are running fine.

I started this thread in order to get some information from other guys having the very same hardware. I will use this thread in order to get running what is possible concerning graphics video acceleration.

Latest fglrx is installed.

• damvcoool
    replied
    Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Dreaming of Carrizo based passive board equipped like that Asus E45M-I Deluxe , with USB 3.1 controller for about even $300 price is fine

I have recently upgraded mine to use a MSI AM1I, with a Athlon 5370 (Kabini), and a Syba 4X SATA3 Controler (not raid) that includes USB3 headers. i am still rocking my 4x 2TB WD Red, Vertex 3 60 for OS and now a random cheap SSD 250GB for Read Cache (on RAIDZ2), also upgraded to Ubuntu 16.04.

My new NAS uses slightly more Energy than the previous one, but I no longer get Shuttering while streaming.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Originally posted by damvcoool View Post
    I am happy to say, that I am still using My Zacate Asus E45M-I Deluxe, altho i have changed the software a bit now a dedicated MediaServer, no XMBC, using Plex/Ubuntu14.04 now, and there is no GUI (hence server).
    Dreaming of Carrizo based passive board equipped like that Asus E45M-I Deluxe , with USB 3.1 controller for about even $300 price is fine

Leave a comment:

• d2kx
    replied
    I still use and love my E-350 based Lenovo X121e subnotebook.

Leave a comment:

• damvcoool
    replied
    I am happy to say, that I am still using My Zacate Asus E45M-I Deluxe, altho i have changed the software a bit now a dedicated MediaServer, no XMBC, using Plex/Ubuntu14.04 now, and there is no GUI (hence server).

Leave a comment:

• damvcoool
    replied
    This may be a late response for the thread, but this worked for me:

Setting up XBMC on Ubuntu with AMD Graphics card

http://youresuchageek.blogspot.ca/20...for-linux.html

My Setup:
    Asus E45M-I Deluxe
    8GB Kingstone (i guess generic RAM)
    4x 2TB WD Red (using ZFS RaidZ2) < Not covered on the XBMC Guide
    1x 64 Vertex 4 (split in 10 GB boot, the rest is ZFS Cache)
    Chembro ES34069 (to fit it all in)
    Azio Thumb Keyboard
    Logitech F710
    With Lubuntu -pulseaudio as base (I took Pulseaudio away so that I can use pSX Emulator on a 64 bit environment)

Leave a comment:

• d2kx
    replied
    Just tried this and it works perfect! The few movies that did not work with the VAAPI wrapper work now and performance is great and I hated to install all the stuff for the wrapper! Thanks

Leave a comment:

• AnonymousCoward
    replied
    Just tried it with Ubuntu 11.10 + Catalyst 11.11 + AMD 780G (Radeon HD 3200) integrated GPU + XBMC from this ppa. Works great so far! I never got it to work with vaapi, but this just works. One minor annoyance is with seeking there is a bit of jumping forward and backward. But this is just a minor thing.

Leave a comment:

• fritsch
    replied
    We packaged it to check that there is a ubuntu package of fglrx installed in order to avoid that people have it running on a broken environment.
    You could install the package or alternatively do something with -f and --ignore-missing (not recommended)

Leave a comment:

• devguy
    replied
    Originally posted by fritsch View Post
    All you need is: fglrx >= 11.11 installed, no more xvba-driver or other wrapper.
    I have Catalyst 11.11 installed (8.911), and trying to install xbmc, I get

Code:
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     xbmc : Depends: fglrx (>= 2:8.911) but 2:8.881-0ubuntu4.1 is to be installed
    I didn't build the packages, just ran the AMD installer, so fglrx shows up as not installed in Synaptic. For some odd reason, I always have problems with Eyefinity when I do the buildpkg route. BTW, on a Radeon HD 6950 with Ubuntu 11.10 x64.
    Last edited by devguy; 12-14-2011, 01:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X