• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael
    started a topic Fedora 7 ATI/AMD fglrx Discussion

Fedora 7 ATI/AMD fglrx Discussion

Well, first off, see: http://www.michaellarabel.com/index.php?k=blog&i=224

More information to come later in the week.

• Michael
    replied
    Upgrade to 8.39.4 for Fedora 7 support -- http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4235

If you run into any other Fedora issues, please create a new thread.

Leave a comment:

• d2kx
    replied
    I can say that there is a very high chance that 8.39 gets released by tomorrow. I am very sure it will.

#edit: Okay I am not 100% percent sure but it seems that the Windows driver already got the WHQL certificate since one week and seems ready. We'll see.
    Last edited by d2kx; 07-18-2007, 06:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• yoshi314
    replied
    wow, works with no patches on 2.6.22-gentoo kernel.

i don't have any crashes, except for standard issues (xvideo, performance).

Leave a comment:

• d2kx
    replied
    Funny that Fedora-lover Michael can laugh about AMDs issues about Fedora

No, 2.6.22 & fglrx 8.38.7 run without any patches on my sidux installation with Xorg Server 1.3.

The common issues like crash-on-console switch (which was fixed in 8.36 and then came back) are still there but I am not experiencing any new ones.

If there is a need for a 2.6.22 patch, it should come by 8.40, I guess it's too late for 8.39.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
    did you pick an "attempt" word on purpose? or am i the only one who gets suspicious when reading that amd is attempting to do something instead of actually doing it.
    If there is not Linux 2.6.22 support in the mainstream firegl_public code, there should be a patch for the Fedora 7 packaging scripts. Though what would be the use of a 2.6.22 patch if there is no X server 1.3 for Fedora 7 support?

Leave a comment:

• yoshi314
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Linux 2.6.22 with the 8.38 will probably run into some issues.... However, now that the new kernel is officially out, AMD will attempt to support it prompty
    did you pick an "attempt" word on purpose? or am i the only one who gets suspicious when reading that amd is attempting to do something instead of actually doing it.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Linux 2.6.22 with the 8.38 will probably run into some issues.... However, now that the new kernel is officially out, AMD will attempt to support it prompty

Leave a comment:

• yoshi314
    replied
    not even the kernel patch?

i'm going 2.6.22 in a couple of hours, when i'm back from work.

Leave a comment:

• d2kx
    replied
    Hey, would have you expected that fglrx runs on my...

Xorg Server 1.3 & Kernel 2.6.22 Debian/sid (sidux) system without any fixed needed?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X