No announcement yet.

Problem using xvba

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Somehow managed to get VLC to use VA API on openSUSE 11.4 64 bit

    VLC, libva1 and vaapi-tools installed from Packman, and xvba-video-amd from Build Service

    vainfo returns
    libva: libva version 0.32.0
    Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
    libva: va_getDriverName() returns 0
    libva: Trying to open /usr/lib64/dri/
    libva: va_openDriver() returns 0
    vainfo: VA API version: 0.32
    vainfo: Driver version: Splitted-Desktop Systems XvBA backend for VA-API - 0.8.0
    vainfo: Supported profile and entrypoints
          VAProfileH264High               : VAEntrypointVLD
          VAProfileVC1Advanced            : VAEntrypointVLD
    Now, to launch VLC I use the following script:
    export LIBVA_DRIVERS_PATH=/usr/lib64/dri
    export LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME=fglrx
    vlc --ffmpeg-hw
    Without the export (info I found on Ubuntu's launchpad I think) VLC just crashes when attempting to launch a video that takes advantage of VA API.

    With the script, the terminal output looks like this:
    libva: libva version 0.32.0
    libva: User requested driver 'fglrx'
    libva: Trying to open /usr/lib64/dri/
    libva: va_openDriver() returns 0
    xvba_video: XVBA_GetSurface(): status 2
    [0xae4200] avcodec decoder: Using VA API version 0.32 for hardware decoding.
    With VA API up and running in VLC, CPU usage is only marginally better than mplayer with GL output though, and tearing is more noticeable unless I disable overlay, but then CPU usage almost doubles .
    Last edited by PsynoKhi0; 09-23-2011, 03:48 PM.