Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 catalyst news:tearfree,weight loss,h264Flash acceleration

2011 catalyst news:tearfree,weight loss,h264Flash acceleration

yes 2011 is funny time we got a light weight cytalyst because they put out the r300-r500 part and they put the xorg bin versions together.

and we got tear-free desktop and surprise surprise finally we got h264 codex gpu acceleration in flash.

and maybe we got an Adobe Creative Suite Linux version

http://www.golem.de/1012/80235.html

• Qaridarium
    replied
    Originally posted by Andru View Post
    Catalyst 11.1 is the best driver for AMD videocards evar! Now there is no tearing in simple windows(WinXP and WinVista/Win7 without Aero now s*cks ), in mplayer, with/without compiz, and no tearing with XRendeR-based composite managers(except some artifacts)! So, seems open source drivers have got strong competition.
    uuuu thats why i'm useing the radeon OS driver on kubuntu 11.04?

strong competition means not that it runs with the lastest and greatest opensource software.

Leave a comment:

• Andru
    replied
    Catalyst 11.1 is the best driver for AMD videocards evar! Now there is no tearing in simple windows(WinXP and WinVista/Win7 without Aero now s*cks ), in mplayer, with/without compiz, and no tearing with XRendeR-based composite managers(except some artifacts)! So, seems open source drivers have got strong competition.

Leave a comment:

• Qaridarium
    replied
    i just check out my lies... uuhh 11.1 really got tearfree stuff..

Leave a comment:

• mugginz
    replied
    Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
    cat 11.2 is shrinking to 80mb maybe they cut of more later.
    If they can make it bug free I wouldn't be worried if it was 800megs.

Leave a comment:

• Silverthorn
    replied
    Maybe they've dropped support for the 2000 series. fglrx ain't working for me anyway and it has been that way for almost a year now.

Leave a comment:

• mirv
    replied
    Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    Who cares. Disk space is super cheap. 100MB more or less don't matter.
    disk space may be cheap, but download limits and speed still ruin some people's day.

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
    Who cares. Disk space is super cheap. 100MB more or less don't matter.

Leave a comment:

• Qaridarium
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Vii7
    replied
    Originally posted by -EaS- View Post
    By accident I just stumbled across this interview from yesterday with Terry Makedon (head of the catalyst team), were the answer is given:

How many people does it take to bring out monthly Catalyst drivers?

I don't have exact numbers but it is in the multiple hundreds. The one bit of trivia I do know is that at AMD we had roughly the same number of hardware engineers as we did software engineers. So as many people that it takes to design and build a GPU - you need that many more people to architect, write, and test the drivers
    That depends, or to put it more simple... How many ATi software devs, are needed to screw a light bulb?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X