• Jimbo
    replied
    The most demanding x264 1080p

Leave a comment:

• mugginz
    replied
    Originally posted by mugginz View Post
    Which particular version do you have? It used to be in VC-1
    Actually it seems it's also available in mpeg2 as well.

Leave a comment:

• mugginz
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
    I have the samsung demo 40mb/s, h264 avc. I have to overclock my old dual core E2100 from 1,8 to 2,2 Mhz to play this correctly.

But for todays dual core, or quad core cpu, 40mb/s is not a problem.
    Which particular version do you have? It used to be in VC-1

Leave a comment:

• Jimbo
    replied
    I have a friend who has an overclocked i7 920 (4GHz on water) and that machine has issues with single threaded CPU decode of really high bit rate video. For software that does mutli-threaded decode that's OK on that machine. (and so it should be)
    arggg!! single threaded, no way!!! it has to be multithread of course.

Leave a comment:

• Jimbo
    replied
    How do you find CPU decode of blueray bit rate (40mb/s)
    I have the samsung demo 40mb/s, h264 avc. I have to overclock my old dual core E2100 from 1,8 to 2,2 Mhz to play this correctly.

But for todays dual core, or quad core cpu, 40mb/s is not a problem.

Leave a comment:

• mugginz
    replied
    I have a friend who has an overclocked i7 920 (4GHz on water) and that machine has issues with single threaded CPU decode of really high bit rate video. For software that does mutli-threaded decode that's OK on that machine. (and so it should be)

Leave a comment:

• Jimbo
    replied
    Obviously if cpu is on load there is less room to encode video while watching. So nvidia wins here. Yes in geenral HTPC are more suited to video accel. But it is possible to play HD content on cpu too.

Leave a comment:

• mugginz
    replied
    How do you find CPU decode of blueray bit rate (40mb/s)

Leave a comment:

• mugginz
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
    I was speaking of h264 avc, the most demanding. On the other cpu load is inferior at 80%
    I believe Kano has some information on how "big" bit rate 1080p can drain even a hefty CPU.

Leave a comment:

• Jimbo
    replied
    There are some considerations to take into account when dealing with 1080p content. Various profile/bit rates can devastate quite hefty CPUs. Even with modest 1080p content running on a MythTV box that is also recording four concurrent programs you are also more prone to problems than you'd otherwise be if GPU decode was available.
    I was speaking of h264 avc, the most demanding. On the other cpu load is inferior at 80%

Leave a comment:

Working...
X