Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD 8.35.5 Driver -- Hello Catalyst Control Center Linux Edition!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD 8.35.5 Driver -- Hello Catalyst Control Center Linux Edition!

The 8.35.5 fglrx driver will be dubbed the "Hello Catalyst Control Center Linux" Edition

Yes, it's here! The AMD Catalyst Control Center for Linux is in the new 8.35 driver! It's a beauty compared to fireglcontrolpanel. The Fedora scripts have also been updated and some other minor changes. You can read our Phoronix review @ http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=9327

Give them a shot and be sure to report back with your thoughts.

https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206...ux_8.35.5.html

• phati
    replied
    amdcccle problems

Hi. I had everything working perfectly on a fresh install of Gutsy with the new 8.42 drivers and dual monitors with either Xgl or AIGLX (on an ati radeon 9600 256mb by the way) but I decided to toy with amdcccle and had no idea what a mistake that would be. It allowed me to select single mode but it disabled my second monitor so when I log into gnome, the primary monitor is the only one enabled. When I tried to use amdcccle again to fix the problem, it just restarts X (but not gdm). My question is does anyone know where amdcccle saves it's settings at? It's closed source so I'm baffled.

EDIT: I noticed TexasSpeed was using ati-config, so I used that to enable my second monitor, but I had to go back to amdcccle to get Big Desktop to reverse them. I would still love to know where amdcccle and ati-config changes their settings at. Even though they say they are editing my xorg.conf file I see no changes, however I see the changes in the system behavour. amdcccle is buggy to say the least as well as fglrx 8.42. How would one go about removing fglrx after using the gui to install the driver on Xorg 7.1 and not generating the deb pkgs? (I generated the *.debs first, but had kernel module version problems)
    Last edited by phati; 10-28-2007, 02:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TexasSpeed
    replied
    Need Help again with Dual-head

I had to reinstall my system last week, and the display is now in a funny mode I can't seem to change.

I have a Y-connector from the analog output of the graphics card going into the analog inputs of two monitors.

The mouse travels across both displays, but each desktop is independent - I can't drag windows from one desktop to the other. It's not in "clone" mode, but it's not in "Big Desktop" either. I would like to get "Big Desktop" mode working again, but any changes I make to xorg.conf seem to lock up the system. Running amdcccle has no effect - the program doesn't modify xorg.conf, even though the permissions are opened up.

If I use system-config-display, the resulting xorg.conf file causes the system to lock up when I restart the X server.

Here are my details:
    OS - RHEL4
    Card - Radeon X600
    Driver Version - 8.36.5
    Catalyst Control Version - 0.9

Any light that someone can shed on this would be appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• TexasSpeed
    replied
    I actually got it to display "Big Desktop" mode by going back into amdcccle and selecting that mode for monitor 1. Go figure. Thanks for your help, I was really stuck.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by TexasSpeed View Post
    That was a good suggestion... this seems like a clue:

aticonfig --query-monitor

Connected monitors: crt1, crt2
    Enabled monitors: crt2

So then I tried:
    aticonfig --enable-monitor crt1,crt2

and lo and behold, my second monitor turned on! Now they're in "clone" mode, I'm going to try to enable the big desktop with aticonfig.
    Looks like it was an amdcccle bug you are dealing with. Try 8.37 once its out and hopefully it will be fixed.

Leave a comment:

• TexasSpeed
    replied
    That was a good suggestion... this seems like a clue:

aticonfig --query-monitor

Connected monitors: crt1, crt2
    Enabled monitors: crt2

So then I tried:
    aticonfig --enable-monitor crt1,crt2

and lo and behold, my second monitor turned on! Now they're in "clone" mode, I'm going to try to enable the big desktop with aticonfig.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Also, another thing I meant to add was does it work if you use aticonfig instead of amdcccle? Either setting up dual head or Big Desktop? You could also try the aticonfig Dynamic Display Management Options. aticonfig --query-monitor

Leave a comment:

• TexasSpeed
    replied
    Sorry, it's Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS (v. 4 for 32-bit x86) and a Radeon X600 graphics card.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by TexasSpeed View Post
    Anyone have any luck getting a dual monitor setup going in RHEL? I've installed the latest drivers, amdcccle, etc.

When I run amdcccle, only one of the displays is listed in the Display Manager.

BTW, this is a single graphics card setup, with a split on the output. Works fine when I boot into XP, just not in Red Hat.

Thanks.
    Welcome to the forums.

What version of RHEL? Also, what graphics card?

Leave a comment:

• TexasSpeed
    replied
    Anyone have any luck getting a dual monitor setup going in RHEL? I've installed the latest drivers, amdcccle, etc.

When I run amdcccle, only one of the displays is listed in the Display Manager.

BTW, this is a single graphics card setup, with a split on the output. Works fine when I boot into XP, just not in Red Hat.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X