catalyst 9.5 seems to be out.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• energyman
    started a topic catalyst 9.5 seems to be out.

catalyst 9.5 seems to be out.

wget https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206...x86.x86_64.run

was successfull

• kernelOfTruth
    replied
    Originally posted by energyman View Post
    No, I tried to say: I changed the hotkey to activate the feature: nothing happened. I can hit the keys as much as I want, it does not work.
    KDE 4.2.3. qt-copy from some weeks ago. 9.5 catalyst 1.6.1.901-r1 xorg-server.
    ah ok, so it really seems to be a problem with not fully supported compositing on catalyst (?)

the advantage with 4.3 compared to 4.2 right now is that there are some really nice notifications telling if something isn't working or why it's that way and some more

@ mtippett, other AMD guys / devs:

could you guys please have a look at that issue, please ?

that feature is really critical for me since I use it nearly on a daily basis with X-ray pictures / ebooks (really helpful in recognizing details besides that it gives a great contrast / is easy on the eyes during later hours)

using Xrender is a no-go since it's really slow (and also doesn't supported the invert feature) - the only temporary solution so far is to switch to compiz-fusion (which changes rather drastically how the desktop behaves compared to kwin)

many thanks in advance
    Last edited by kernelOfTruth; 05-23-2009, 02:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• energyman
    replied
    No, I tried to say: I changed the hotkey to activate the feature: nothing happened. I can hit the keys as much as I want, it does not work.
    KDE 4.2.3. qt-copy from some weeks ago. 9.5 catalyst 1.6.1.901-r1 xorg-server.

Leave a comment:

• kernelOfTruth
    replied
    Originally posted by energyman View Post
    doesn't work here either - and I had to remap keys because I don't have 'meta'

for me it's not a problem due to a missing / non-mapped meta-key but the feature isn't supported

is this a "feature" of kde 4.3svn ? - I was pretty sure that this is related to the catalyst drivers

what kde4 version are you running ?

Leave a comment:

• energyman
    replied
    doesn't work here either - and I had to remap keys because I don't have 'meta'

Leave a comment:

• kernelOfTruth
    replied
    Originally posted by mtippett View Post
    What hardware/Bus/OS/kernel/X?
    Asus P5W DH Deluxe, Asus EAH4850; PCIe,

~amd64, Gentoo Linux,

X.Org X Server 1.6.1.901 (1.6.2 RC 1)

(un)fortunately I can't reproduce it right now so it should be fine for now

thanks for your support/post mtippett

edit:

anyone having the same problem with the "Invert" on kde 4 + opengl compositing that it doesn't work / can't be enabled ?

is this a fglrx & qt or fglrx & opengl problem ? (it also didn't work on 9.4)

(this worked with my 7600 GT before I exchanged it with the HD4850)

thanks
    Last edited by kernelOfTruth; 05-22-2009, 06:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mtippett
    replied
    Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
    ++

unfortuntaly it still seems to lock up with kde 4 compositing + opengl accelerated video
    What hardware/Bus/OS/kernel/X?

Leave a comment:

• kernelOfTruth
    replied
    here's a link referring to a patch by the dudes from SabayonLinux that should fix the stupid error messages with 2.6.29 (acpi-related stuff that is missing):

http://pastebin.com/f3fd70478

update:

ok - I don't know what this patch really is supposed to do but it hardlocks my box or at least leads to a black screen (Asus EAH Radeon HD 4850)

if it works for you - fine; it doesn't for me
    Last edited by kernelOfTruth; 05-19-2009, 02:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sundown
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    @RealNC

You example video even shows extreme tearing with the oss driver in the upper area which is usually black with 16:9 movie...
    No problems with the OSS radeon driver here, r500 and latest from sid. Very smooth. I will always thank the guys for fixing this. Besides they rewrote the code for Xv recently. They are at least doing something unlike the official driver developer, who can't get GPU accelerated video for what, 7 months now?

Leave a comment:

• kernelOfTruth
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Some people just don't see tearing. Others hardly notice anything *but* the tearing.

It's fun to watch when you get one of each type standing in front of a test system watching video.
    don't see it either

if it's there it's very subtle

the hardlock problem when restarting the X-server (e.g. stopping gdm manually and then restarting it) is still there

it also is triggered when starting X, stopping it, unloading fglrx, re-installing it / upgrading to a newer version, loading the kernel-module and starting X

==> 100% reliable hardlock

Originally posted by Kano View Post
    fglrx unloading is really much more problematic than unloading nvidia, even when you unload radeon drm (from oss driver) and start fglrx without reboot i had serveral cards which locked up the system then. kill -9 kdm certainly helps a bit, also

/etc/init.d/atieventsd stop

can be good to do before kdm stop.
    good to know

thanks !

any ETA when that will be fixed ?

thanks !
    Last edited by kernelOfTruth; 05-19-2009, 02:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X