Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final 9-4 catalyst will come Today!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #51
    Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
    ... and 9-6 alpfa has kernel 2.6.29 support right NOW! :-)
    Lessee....the 2.6.30 kernel ought to be final by June.

    Comment


    • #52
      Originally posted by rbmorse View Post
      Lessee....the 2.6.30 kernel ought to be final by June.
      what is your problem ? ? ?? ? ?

      .30 kernel will be the best for the opensource driver!
      Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

      Comment


      • #53
        Video tearing problems still present but a least it support upcomming Ubuntu 9.04. let's wait again....

        Comment


        • #54
          To avoid tearing replace card. Waiting for fixed fglrx is useless. If you use lowend card and do not play games go for oss driver.

          Comment


          • #55
            Originally posted by Kano View Post
            To avoid tearing replace card. Waiting for fixed fglrx is useless. If you use lowend card and do not play games go for oss driver.
            as always words of fire from you nice to read something sincere and without filters of convenience.

            Comment


            • #56
              Originally posted by Vighy View Post
              as always words of fire from you nice to read something sincere and without filters of convenience.
              nothing is filtered amd users only need a fast switch skript to use radeon(hd) and fglrx in the way they need the hartware!

              befor start a game chance the driver by a skript so enjoy the power of 3D of the fglrx after that klick the button of the skript so use the best 2D driver ever "Radeon(hd)"
              Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

              Comment


              • #57
                Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                nothing is filtered amd users only need a fast switch skript to use radeon(hd) and fglrx in the way they need the hartware!

                befor start a game chance the driver by a skript so enjoy the power of 3D of the fglrx after that klick the button of the skript so use the best 2D driver ever "Radeon(hd)"
                could be nice, but impossible: Xorg is the problem.
                It's the same problem in hybrid graphics: to change video driver in use, you need to restart Xorg.
                Well, the main problem now is fglrx, since sometimes even in the wiki of radeonhd: http://www.x.org/wiki/radeonhd#head-...d71ee38109b876 sometimes you even need to reboot to be able to use radeon/radeonhd after fglrx.

                but this was not what I meant. I only said that kano just says what he thinks (and not what is necessary true).

                Comment


                • #58
                  Originally posted by Vighy View Post
                  could be nice, but impossible: Xorg is the problem.
                  It's the same problem in hybrid graphics: to change video driver in use, you need to restart Xorg.
                  Well, the main problem now is fglrx, since sometimes even in the wiki of radeonhd: http://www.x.org/wiki/radeonhd#head-...d71ee38109b876 sometimes you even need to reboot to be able to use radeon/radeonhd after fglrx.

                  but this was not what I meant. I only said that kano just says what he thinks (and not what is necessary true).
                  Kernel-Based Mode-Setting of the 2.6.31 kernel will fix this for the opensource amd/ati driver!...

                  after that the catalyst will get the same feature in 9.7 catalyst or 8.8..

                  after that quick chance drivers will be posible !
                  Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

                  Comment


                  • #59
                    KMS could block fglrx but not help it. For fedora you had to disable it - some used weird hacks to avoid the load of the drm kernel modules as they are not compatible with the fglrx kernel module! In your world everything that helps oss will help fglrx, but thats not the case.

                    Comment


                    • #60
                      Originally posted by Kano View Post
                      KMS could block fglrx but not help it. For fedora you had to disable it - some used weird hacks to avoid the load of the drm kernel modules as they are not compatible with the fglrx kernel module! In your world everything that helps oss will help fglrx, but thats not the case.


                      your thinking is old! yes the 9-4 catalyst is not the way to go!

                      i think 9-6 or later version will bring more compatility!

                      you are think only in the past.. i think in the future!
                      Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X