No announcement yet.

Final 9-4 catalyst will come Today!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throwing mud in peoples faces isn't really the best way to get them working for you.

Giving them positive reactions works much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
      The reason the open source drivers are lacking features has more to do with the fact that the whole Linux graphics infrastructure is not that advanced and/or moves slowly. However, recently that situation has been changing and a lot of work has gone in.
      I agree with that.

If some people will try the current fedora rawhide test release they will probably be surprised how much of this is true.

Comment

Driver seems to be out now:
        http://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/at...x86.x86_64.run
        And here the release notes:
        http://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/catalyst_94_linux.pdf
        Last edited by Ren H?ek; 04-17-2009, 11:09 AM.

Comment

yeah, it is - I downloaded it just a second ago using the akmai link - not the website. Welll done, amd!
          Last edited by energyman; 04-17-2009, 11:25 AM.

Comment

And I just tested it and I am really impressed! Performance problem with vegastrike-svn and Ataraxia Fighterbase: gone!
            With AR-17 jump point and asteroid field - a lot less severe (and partially gone - if the jump point is not visible, fps are back to normal. KDE 4.2.69+effects:
            tvtime CPU load for X is down a bit.
            changing windows size without showing content: lag free
            changing windows size while showing content: still slow, but a bit better.

Very, very impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by energyman View Post
              And I just tested it and I am really impressed! Performance problem with vegastrike-svn and Ataraxia Fighterbase: gone!
              With AR-17 jump point and asteroid field - a lot less severe (and partially gone - if the jump point is not visible, fps are back to normal. KDE 4.2.69+effects:
              tvtime CPU load for X is down a bit.
              changing windows size without showing content: lag free
              changing windows size while showing content: still slow, but a bit better.

Very, very impressed.
              nice :-) and 9-5 bring 100% OpenGL3.1 and 9-6 alpfa has kernel 2.6.29 support right NOW! :-)
              Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

why are you people so obsessed with 2.6.29?

Comment

I'm not! for me the kernel 2.6.29 is pointless...

Xserver1,61 + 29 kernel = lag mega bad bad lag!

2.6.30 is a good kernel...

for me 2.6.28 is a good kernel :-)

Comment

uname -a
                    Linux energy 2.6.28.7r4 #1 SMP Sun Apr 5 05:16:57 CEST 2009 x86_64 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

Comment

Originally posted by energyman View Post
                      uname -a
                      Linux energy 2.6.28.7r4 #1 SMP Sun Apr 5 05:16:57 CEST 2009 x86_64 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
                      all is ok here to:

ass@ass:~$ infobash -v 3
                      Host/Kernel/OS "ass" running Linux 2.6.28-1-686-bigmem i686 [ sidux 2008-04 Πόντος - kde-lite - (200812222321) ]
                      CPU Info 4x AMD Engineering Sample 1024 KB cache flags( sse3 nx lm svm )clocked at [ 1000.000 MHz ]
                      Videocard ATI RV710 [Radeon HD 4350] X.Org 1.6.1 [ 1920x1200@60.0hz ]
                      Network cards 2x Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5754 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express
                      Processes 237 | Uptime 3min | Memory 694.0/8116.5MB | HDD SAMSUNG SP2014N,Generic STORAGE DEVICE,Generic STORAGE DEVICE,ATA SAMSUNG HD103UJ Size 1200GB (91%used) | GLX Renderer ATI Radeon HD 4350 | GLX Version 2.1.8591 | Client Shell | Infobash v3.11

Comment

Working...
                      X