Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Brings AMD EPYC To The Cloud

Phoronix: Microsoft Brings AMD EPYC To The Cloud

For those wanting to run with AMD EPYC processors in the cloud, it's now possible with Microsoft Azure...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Tbh, I find it scary how good Microsoft has been making Azure. It's almost tempting to try it, but knowing it's Microsoft thankfully leads to the realization that I shouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by FishPls View Post
      Tbh, I find it scary how good Microsoft has been making Azure. It's almost tempting to try it, but knowing it's Microsoft thankfully leads to the realization that I shouldn't.
      They've built it up rapidly, for sure. Amazon is still ahead though in terms of features and overall platform maturity... plus they're not Microsoft.

Comment

But I though Intel said EPYC was glued together shit?

Also wasn't the Microsoft rep one of the people to leave the room before Intel finished that presentation? I know the Amazon rep did.

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
          great to see thee Zen-based server CPUs

Comment

It is nice that Epyc is getting tier one traction!

Comment

Originally posted by FishPls View Post
              The features are there, but the Azure API will make you question your sanity.

Thankfully the tooling is widely available on linux. The azure-cli 2.0 is written in python by MS, supported by their azure python sdk.

And if you need it, .net core 2.0 also exists on linux and works with powershell 6. I still hate powershell though.

Comment

Working...
              X