Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libre Computer Board Launches Another Allwinner/Mali ARM SBC

Phoronix: Libre Computer Board Launches Another Allwinner/Mali ARM SBC

The Tritium is a new ARM single board computer from the Libre Computer Board project...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

$25 is cheaper than the $35 that the Raspberry Pi 3 costs.
    This board also seems a bit more powerful.

All these SBC boards are still much weaker than smartphones SoC with 4-8 GB DDR4 RAM, 64-256 GB storage and 8 cores.

Comment

The next GPL violating piece of shit with a Allwinner Chip (I don't mean the mali GPU part). This is another proof that the people dont care about freedom and want only cheap junk.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        $25 is cheaper than the $35 that the Raspberry Pi 3 costs.
        No it isn't. Raspberry prices are like that (can be bought from local market), but these come with shipping costs and VAT.
        This board also seems a bit more powerful.

All these SBC boards are still much weaker than smartphones SoC with 4-8 GB DDR4 RAM, 64-256 GB storage and 8 cores.
        Not quite. RPi 3 is 64-bit ARMv8 and really efficient. The Allwinner chips run too hot with factory defaults. Recommend 1,2 GHz max or even less.

The next GPL violating piece of shit with a Allwinner Chip (I don't mean the mali GPU part). This is another proof that the people dont care about freedom and want only cheap junk.
        The most important thing on these boards is the GPU and desktop Linux support. Surprises me why nobody else but RPi wants to actually support their users.

Comment

Originally posted by InsideJob View Post
          I saw the linuxgizmos.com article a couple days ago... there are soooo many Pi clones out now the market has become completely saturated. I kind of feel sorry for the Pi Foundation. I just got my holiday "Newark" catalog (it's not MCM anymore apparently) and they didn't even bother to advertise the Pi 3. With no Pi 4 coming any time soon the "community" is starting to look like a ghost town.
          You forget that the other boards include incompatible extensions and useless improvements. Nobody needs more than 4 USB or SATA when USB-SATA bridges and mSATA shields exist. The mSATA shield actually advertises support for fast SSD drives, which boosts RPi performance nicely. Many use it as a NAS or router. Surprises me why no clone has exactly the same board layout, 100% compatible pins and runs the same Broadcom chips. Shouldn't be too hard.

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
            Surprises me why no clone has exactly the same board layout, 100% compatible pins and runs the same Broadcom chips. Shouldn't be too hard.
            Broadcom don't sell the rpi chip to every one. Hardkernel bought the same chips but broadcom decided to stop selling this chips or take orders from harkernel.

Comment

Maybe I should revisit the idea of hosting my home server on one of these instead. I used to own a Odroid C1, which served as a home server for a while. Really energy efficient solution. Though the needed software packages wheren't always up-to-date, available, or functioning. I would like to see a SBC for this price with 4gigs of Ram.

Comment

Originally posted by Kendji View Post
                Maybe I should revisit the idea of hosting my home server on one of these instead. I used to own a Odroid C1, which served as a home server for a while. Really energy efficient solution. Though the needed software packages wheren't always up-to-date, available, or functioning. I would like to see a SBC for this price with 4gigs of Ram.
                Maybe a RPi cluster? https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/1...e_rpi_cluster/

Comment

Allwinner and Mali... that's like the opposite of open. Why do all these scumbags try to steal money from the people at Raspberry Pi who are doing the real work?

Comment

Better choice, if money is no issue: wandboard will come up with a SCB based on NXP i.MX8M-SoC in Q2 2018.

Comment

Working...
                    X