Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KVM & Xen Don't Change Much With Linux 4.15

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KVM & Xen Don't Change Much With Linux 4.15

    Phoronix: KVM & Xen Don't Change Much With Linux 4.15

    There are a ton of exciting improvements building up in Linux 4.15, but not too much on the virtualization front...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...Xen-Linux-4.15

  • #2
    Sadly the NPT fix for AMD platforms in KVM didn't make it in.

    Comment


    • #3
      Typo:

      Originally posted by phoronix View Post

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by benklett View Post
        Sadly the NPT fix for AMD platforms in KVM didn't make it in.
        I think that there is enought time to get it in, finally.
        Maybe you send a reminder to the developers (Red Hat's Paolo Bonzini/Geoffrey McRae gnif/AMD (are you listening?))?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by nuetzel View Post
          Maybe you send a reminder to the developers (Red Hat's Paolo Bonzini/Geoffrey McRae gnif/AMD (are you listening?))?
          I don't know. The patch was in the queue branch until they sent out their 4.15 stuff. Now the NPT patch has moved to linux-next. If I understand it correctly, this means they don't want to get it in right now.
          Last edited by benklett; 20 November 2017, 06:07 PM. Reason: Fixed some mistakes

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by benklett View Post

            I don't know. The patch was in the queue branch until they sent out their 4.15 stuff. Now the NPT patch has moved to linux-next. If it understand it correctly, this means they want to get it in right now.
            Because the post had to be reviewed, I didn't notice my error. I wanted to say they don't want to get it in right now (this merge window).

            Comment


            • #7
              Still no proper iGVT-G support in both KVM or Xen without requiring ridicule remote desktop software. What about the dma_buf experiments?

              How disappointing...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by benklett View Post
                Sadly the NPT fix for AMD platforms in KVM didn't make it in.
                Actually it did!

                https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux...5dc47ee55307cf

                Comment

                Working...
                X