Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monero/XMR Mining On Threadripper With Multi-Channel Memory

Phoronix: Monero/XMR Mining On Threadripper With Multi-Channel Memory

Phoronix reader Thomas Frech has shared with us another article on Monero/XMR cryptocurrency mining performance with AMD Threadripper. Thsi follows his recent guest posts of mining Ethereum with Threadrippers and AMD Vega GPUs, Ethereum and Monero mining on the same systems, and the AMDGPU-PRO 17.40 crypto mining boost...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Very cool man - keep up the good investigatory work - may all your coins be mined!

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
      Very cool man - keep up the good investigatory work - may all your coins be mined!
      Yeah, but just don't go very deep. You don't want to find out what the dwarfs discovered deep down there.

Comment

I wrote a small script for starting it on different cpu's(my rig is a dual socket xeon)
        First you have to install numactrl and then run it like this. I have not benched it so I don't really know if its faster or not.
        numactl --cpunodebind=0 --membind=0 /root/git/xmr-stak-cpu/bin/xmr-stak-cpu /root/git/xmr-stak-cpu/bin/config.txt &
        numactl --cpunodebind=1 --membind=1 /root/git/xmr-stak-cpu/bin/xmr-stak-cpu /root/git/xmr-stak-cpu/bin/config2.txt &

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
          Thsi follows his recent guest posts

Comment

Nice but lets not take this special case as an indication of how memory impacts every high performance computing need.

Comment

Please test the hardware SHA for Ryzen with cpuminer-opt.

Optimized multi algo CPU miner. Contribute to JayDDee/cpuminer-opt development by creating an account on GitHub.

The following algos use hardware SHA

hmq1725 lbry sha256t skein myr-groestl m7m
              for i in hmq1725 sha256t lbry skein myr-gr m7m; do ./cpuminer --quiet --time-limit=30 --benchmark -a $i; done
              Last edited by GraceAsylum; 07 November 2017, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X