Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD EPYC 7401P: 24 Cores / 48 Threads At Just Over $1000

Phoronix: AMD EPYC 7401P: 24 Cores / 48 Threads At Just Over $1000

We've been looking at the interesting AMD EPYC server processors recently from the high-end EPYC 7601 to the cheapest EPYC 7251 at under $500 as well as the EPYC 7351P that offers 16 cores / 32 threads for only about $750. The latest EPYC processor for testing at Phoronix has been the EPYC 7401P, a 24 core / 48 thread part that is slated to retail for around $1075 USD.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=25382

now, if only I could afford to get me some of that in my home lab...

Comment

Nice scaling.

Comment

Completely blows Intel out of the water in perf/watt.
        I see Intel getting their ass handed to them in the server market for the next two years, at least.

Comment

Quick question about the PostgreSQL pgbench. Is that a single threaded, or multi threaded test?

Comment

Originally posted by eddy View Post
            Quick question about the PostgreSQL pgbench. Is that a single threaded, or multi threaded test?
            Multi. Only when it says "Single Threaded" on the graph is it running a single pgbench case.
            Michael Larabel
            http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Hmm, so Epyc does badly here because the PostgreSQL test is not NUMA aware?

Comment

Would also be interesting how that $1000 CPU performs against $1000 consumer CPUs, i7-7900X and Threadripper 1950X.

Comment

Compiling linux kernel get's dangerously low (in time) with those CPU's, maybe it's time for llvm (it literally takes hours and hours for me using only one core).

Comment

Please add the similarly priced consumer CPU. With and without board and memory premium.

Comment

Working...
                    X