Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More AMD Zen Tuning Patches Posted For GCC

Phoronix: More AMD Zen Tuning Patches Posted For GCC

A few days back I initially wrote about a SUSE developer working on Zen tuning patches for GCC. That work has continued with more compiler patches coming for optimizing the GNU's compiler for Ryzen / Threadripper / EPYC processors...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael. Can we get some Zen benchmarks along the lines of postgresql, KVM, mysql, apache etc?

Comment

Originally posted by andydread View Post
      Michael. Can we get some Zen benchmarks along the lines of postgresql, KVM, mysql, apache etc?
      I do tend to run Postgres and Apache tests. KVM/virt tests will be in their own article soon, No MySQL test profile for lack of a nice automated test script to incorporate into a test profile for it.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

I do tend to run Postgres and Apache tests. KVM/virt tests will be in their own article soon, No MySQL test profile for lack of a nice automated test script to incorporate into a test profile for it.
        By script you mean a SQL script?

Comment

Originally posted by andrebrait View Post

By script you mean a SQL script?
          MySQL build script paired with setting up some dummy databases, and then executing either some default SQL scripts or calling mysqlbench or whatever the other MySQL benches are these days.
          Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

MySQL build script paired with setting up some dummy databases, and then executing either some default SQL scripts or calling mysqlbench or whatever the other MySQL benches are these days.
            Is there a time limit? I personally like linkbench from facebook, but it can take a while to run its course. One would usually want to have a dataset that fits in RAM and perhaps another that is disk-bound (larger than RAM or with a smaller buffer pool).

I would be interested in contributing.

Comment

Originally posted by nils_ View Post

Is there a time limit? I personally like linkbench from facebook, but it can take a while to run its course. One would usually want to have a dataset that fits in RAM and perhaps another that is disk-bound (larger than RAM or with a smaller buffer pool).

I would be interested in contributing.
              No real time limit but if it takes like more than 60~90 minutes per run, wouldn't have the time to fit it into all of my CPU articles.
              Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
              X