Intel Core i9 7980XE Linux Benchmarks: 18 Core / 36 Threads For $1999 USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Core i9 7980XE Linux Benchmarks: 18 Core / 36 Threads For $1999 USD

Phoronix: Intel Core i9 7980XE Linux Benchmarks: 18 Core / 36 Threads For $1999 USD

Besides the embargo expiring this morning on the Intel Core i9 7960X, the Core i9 7980XE Extreme Edition processor is also now fair game. Here is our look at the Linux performance for this 18 core / 36 thread processor within a single 165 Watt package.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Could you add a performance/dollar chart too?

Comment

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
      Intel wouldn't want bad light on their newest overpriced overreaction..

Comment

How to determine the peeks in consumption at which test they occurred?

Comment

It might be the new absolute performance king, but definitely not in the perf/dollar category. Damn, 2k, I wouldn't spend that much.

Comment

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
            Indeed, that would be interesting. It appears that the 7980XE would even fall significantly behind the 7980X in there...

Comment

And the 2k is just for the CPU and you still don't get ECC memory support for that money. With the Ryzen thermal monitoring now in place it might be interesting to see how would a decently overclocked TR measure up against the Intel competition.

Comment

2K - this must be a joke.
                Considering that you will also pay additional because it adds more to your electricity bill...

It's 2K + the most power draw.

Comment

These processors have a stupid amount of power. It's just amazing how many cores they pack in these, though you sure as hell pay for the cores you get. Seems like a bridge between the more mainstream i7 and Xeon processors.

Comment

Not interesting at all, overpriced, no ECC, then there are the ongoing security issues with their Intel management engine blob and I don't need a new heater 😂

Comment

Working...
                    X