Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Announces Early 8th Gen Core Processors, Coffee Lake

Phoronix: Intel Announces Early 8th Gen Core Processors, Coffee Lake

Intel has rushed up the announcement of their 8th Gen Intel Core desktop processors following a recent leak. We can now confirm that these new Intel CPUs are en route to retailers, they have already arrived for testing, and will be benchmarked under Linux on Phoronix once that secondary embargo expires...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hi,

Those processors are for desktop and not for laptop right?
    Does anyone knows if it is a good time to buy a laptop with an i7 7700HQ or the performance gap will justify to wait?

Many thanks guys,
    Alex

Comment

Originally posted by babali View Post
      Hi,

Does anyone knows if it is a good time to buy a laptop with an i7 7700HQ or the performance gap will justify to wait?
      It's never really a good time to buy overpriced shit.

If the past 8 years are any indication, intel has been gouging prices and holding back on cores etc. just for lulz.

Comment

Originally posted by babali View Post
        Those processors are for desktop and not for laptop right?
        Yes, only for desktop. This is LGA 1151 socket.

Comment

Does anyone know where the 'coffee lake' name originates from?

Comment

Originally posted by hussam View Post
            Does anyone know where the 'coffee lake' name originates from?
            There are a number of lakes in the US with that name.

Comment

I see they just gave up on the low power T variants. Thank you, AMD!

Comment

Michael, if you get a hold of one of these, I hope to see a benchmark where the iGPU is compared to that one of earlier generations to see if it gotten any faster.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                  Michael, if you get a hold of one of these, I hope to see a benchmark where the iGPU is compared to that one of earlier generations to see if it gotten any faster.
                  As I think I wrote in the article, I already do have these processors. Though waiting on motherboard(s) and can't share performance details anyways until 5 October but will compare to 7700K, etc, obviously.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

New chipset again? 3 chipset generations in 2 years, well done Intel.

Comment

Working...
                    X