Intel Announces Early 8th Gen Core Processors, Coffee Lake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johanb View Post
    New chipset again? 3 chipset generations in 2 years, well done Intel.
    This irks me to no end.... Another money grab by Intel. This time, I am not falling for the trap and will go with Ryzen. There were rumors that Intel can allow new coffee lake to run on current chipsets, but chances are pretty low of that happening now..

Comment

Originally posted by Spooktra View Post
      No patches are needed, just install the appropriate drivers and compile with the appropriate flags, I do it all the time, choose here's my config for my current ffmpeg build:

--enable-nonfree --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-libass --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopus --enable-libfdk-aac --enable-libvpx --cpu=native --enable-vaapi --enable-vdpau --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --prefix=/apps/ffmpeg/git

You can also enable nvenc functionality by adding --enable-nvenc to the above parameters and enabling cuda is also failry simple.

If you need a compile guide, let me know.

Thanks.
      no he needs patches to update his benchmark profiles to get it fully automated. Michael does not have the time to manually compile or benchmark stuff, as he frequently states in benchmark articles. PTS is open source, so for coders it should be doable to contribute. pts should really get more contributers or funding from the linux foundation or valve, red hat, whoever...

by the way, he probably won´t even read your answer as you did not use the reply button

Comment

Originally posted by babali View Post
        Does anyone knows if it is a good time to buy a laptop with an i7 7700HQ or the performance gap will justify to wait?
        Now is a terrible time. Did you notice how once AMD released Ryzen, intel was forced to slash prices and release newer more powerful chips? The same thing will happen later this year when AMD releases their line of mobile APU's. A mobile APU based on Zen + Vega is going be really compelling, plus it will force intel to be more competitive. Buying a laptop today seems like poor timing to me, unless you absolutely *need* it today.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
          Now is a terrible time. Did you notice how once AMD released Ryzen, intel was forced to slash prices and release newer more powerful chips? The same thing will happen later this year when AMD releases their line of mobile APU's. A mobile APU based on Zen + Vega is going be really compelling, plus it will force intel to be more competitive. Buying a laptop today seems like poor timing to me, unless you absolutely *need* it today.
          I'm just wondering if OEM's are gonna stick the tiniest fucking batteries they can find on the AMD products like they usually do. That's my biggest beef right there. It's -really- hard to find an AMD laptop with a decent battery. (and screens too. they usually get stuck with the cheapest screens they can find)

AMD -REALLY- needs to get on OEM's asses to -make- them use high quality products.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
            I'm just wondering if OEM's are gonna stick the tiniest fucking batteries they can find on the AMD products like they usually do. That's my biggest beef right there. It's -really- hard to find an AMD laptop with a decent battery. (and screens too. they usually get stuck with the cheapest screens they can find)
            I believe that will change now that AMD can actually compete with Intel, before it was pretty sensible to put a budget CPU with budget components since people buying AMD were mostly price conscious.

Comment

Working...
            X