AMD EPYC 7601 + TYAN Transport SX TN70A-B8026 Arrives For Linux Benchmarking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tiwake View Post
    what I'm curious about: when can mere-mortals like us buy such components?
    Depends on where you live, but the answer could be simple.

Comment

Are there any plans to test next weeks AMD new Pro stars(WX 9100 and Pro SSG), yet?

Pricing and Availability

The Radeon Pro WX 9100 and Radeon Pro SSG graphics cards' planned availability is September 13. The expected MSRP of the Radeon Pro WX 9100 is $2,199 and the expected MSRP of the Radeon Pro SSG is $6,999.

Comment

Most of the engineering folks would be interested in memory bandwidth for cfd & fea applications. Spoilers ahead - stream results hint that 16core epyc is the best choice for these kind of workloads.

I got 7551s to play with and so far three different apps show that epyc @ 2.0GHz offers about the same performance as haswell @ 2.5GHz, single core. And this is before we did any performance tuning on the software side. Looks like there is something to that 5 instructions per clock on amd side vs 4 instructions per clock on intel side.

Looking forward to your tests.

Comment

It seems like this is a pretty comparable system to the Xeon Gold system a couple weeks ago. I can't wait to see these two go head to head. I think you are one of the best third party resources to help validate AMD's attempts to return to competition in the Linux world, I'm glad to see them sending out samples.

Comment

I think I feel a certain envy...

test requests: Uh, I guess the usual Darktable, some Blender and definitely everything that has to do with compiling stuff.
            And: Please do make a screenshot from all the penguins at boot!
            Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Limiting your tests to 16 threads (one Ryzen die), then set affinity to the cores of one die for one run, and then next run set affinity to cores across all 4 dies. Would give an idea about how missing/bad NUMA support affects performance

Comment

1. Any chance they would be providing a 2 socket, 64cores/128 threads configuration to you for benchmarking?
                2. Did you get any idea from them on how popular these servers are? That is, what kind of excitement/hype and actual sales these are getting?
                3. Do you have any plans to actually use those 24 NVMe slots for some SSD or GPU compute tests?
                Last edited by mayankleoboy1; 09 September 2017, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Do you have spare kidneys in good condition?

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Fodrek View Post
                    Are there any plans to test next weeks AMD new Pro stars(WX 9100 and Pro SSG), yet?

Pricing and Availability

The Radeon Pro WX 9100 and Radeon Pro SSG graphics cards' planned availability is September 13. The expected MSRP of the Radeon Pro WX 9100 is $2,199 and the expected MSRP of the Radeon Pro SSG is $6,999.

AMD so far hasn't offered any of their Pro cards for review, or for that matter none of their Pro/FirePro cards since like the Evergreen days.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

When you have like 10k $ just laying around like us, you peasant. (that's roughly the price for such hardware)

Comment

Working...
                      X