No announcement yet.

AMD EPYC 7601 + TYAN Transport SX TN70A-B8026 Arrives For Linux Benchmarking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD EPYC 7601 + TYAN Transport SX TN70A-B8026 Arrives For Linux Benchmarking

Phoronix: AMD EPYC 7601 + TYAN Transport SX TN70A-B8026 Arrives For Linux Benchmarking

Like us, many of you have probably been anxious for weeks to see a plethora of benchmarks featuring AMD's EPYC processors. An EPYC-equipped server arrived today courtesy of AMD and TYAN and is now in the process of being tested at Phoronix. Next week we should have some initial comparison numbers to feature of the AMD EPYC 7601 processor under Linux while in the weeks ahead will be more extensive numbers in looking at the Linux performance in different areas followed by FreeBSD/BSD results and other interesting tests. Here's our first look at this Tyan Transport SX TN70A-B8026 server.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Oh yes! Test request: x264

Comment

That's pretty awesome. You've come a long way the past few years, Michael. You went from needing to buy most hardware out of pocket to companies like Tyan lending you very nice machines. I'm not aware of most other reviewers who have been given a platform like this. I really look forward to the reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        That's pretty awesome. You've come a long way the past few years, Michael. You went from needing to buy most hardware out of pocket to companies like Tyan lending you a very nice machine. I'm not aware of most other reviewers who have been given a platform like this. I really look forward to the reviews.
        Thanks.

Actually Tyan has always been a great company dealing with Phoronix given their significant Linux interest from customers. Going back to ~2005 they were sending out boards and helping with processors. But then I thought my main contact there had left so fell out of contact with them, but turned out to not be the case and only discovered that a few months back so have been in contact the past few months. And then finally got the right connections/approvals made at AMD recently for EPYC following the Ryzen Linux situation, etc.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
          Oh yes! Test request: x264
          Should be able to do it. The x264 build needs to be updated but shouldn't be a problem.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Onto a super exciting weekend of benchmarking...
            With 64 threads should this be a short weekend. It is probably so fast that the benchmarking finishes before Michael has finished his beer.

Comment

Twenty-four NVMe drives?? Holy carp!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Thanks.

Actually Tyan has always been a great company dealing with Phoronix given their significant Linux interest from customers. Going back to ~2005 they were sending out boards and helping with processors. But then I thought my main contact there had left so fell out of contact with them, but turned out to not be the case and only discovered that a few months back so have been in contact the past few months. And then finally got the right connections/approvals made at AMD recently for EPYC following the Ryzen Linux situation, etc.
                I'll remember this when building my next server. Good guy Tyan.

Comment

Another test request - wordpress performance tests vs a threadripper

Comment

what I'm curious about: when can mere-mortals like us buy such components?

Comment

Working...
                    X