Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Early AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X Linux Benchmarks

Phoronix: Some Early AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X Linux Benchmarks

Yesterday along with the completely Linux-trouble-free Ryzen 7 (it indeed went overnight without any issues coming up via the kill-ryzen script), I finally got my hands on the AMD Threadripper. In particular, the Ryzen Threadripper 1950X that features sixteen physical cores yielding 32 threads via SMT, 3.4GHz base frequency, 4.0GHz boost clock frequency, and quad-channel DDR4 support. This Threadripper 1950X is a beast but will set you back $999 USD and has a 180 Watt TDP. I'll have my much more thorough AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X Linux review next week including many more benchmarks, performance-per-dollar, and system power use / performance-per-Watt metrics, but here are some very early results for those anxious to see this HEDT PC on Linux.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I have only one semi-related question. Did Epyc arrived to Phoronix Media, yet?

Comment

why the stupid environmentally polluting packaging? For what all the plastic foam crap? Can they not put it in a nice paper box? :-/
      a AMD fan since my first am386, but this plastic waste stupidity should be boycotted to save our only planet, …!

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Fodrek View Post
        I have only one semi-related question. Did Epyc arrived to Phoronix Media, yet?
        Not yet, hopefully next week I'd guess.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by rene View Post
          why the stupid environmentally polluting packaging? For what all the plastic foam crap? Can they not put it in a nice paper box? :-/
          a AMD fan since my first am386, but this plastic waste stupidity should be boycotted to save our only planet, …!
          The review kits they send out are packaged differently from the retail versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Brisse View Post

The review kits they send out are packaged differently from the retail versions.
            Actually, no. In this case, it's the retail kit for Threadripper - https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16819113447
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Nice! Looking forward to the complete first review article.

Comment

Nice performance from a CPU that's just Glued Togetherâ„¢.

Comment

interesting comparison would be 1900x vs 1800x
                  in games

Comment

Threadripper handily beats the intel i9 in every test, sometimes by a little, and sometimes by a lot. Impressive!!

Comment

Working...
                    X