AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Linux Benchmarks: 27-Way CPU Comparison On Ubuntu

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Linux Benchmarks: 27-Way CPU Comparison On Ubuntu

Phoronix: AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Linux Benchmarks: 27-Way CPU Comparison On Ubuntu

If you are looking to get an AMD Zen CPU on a budget, the cheapest Ryzen 5 CPU in the current line-up is the 1400 model, which for $160 USD will get you a quad-core processor plus Hyper Threading and clocks up to 3.4GHz. Here are some benchmarks of the AMD Ryzen 5 1400 on Ubuntu 17.04 compared to various other Intel and AMD CPUs over the years.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=24900

Thanks for this test, I was waiting for it. But there are compilation benchmarks lacking and they are most important for me

Also - you could do some CPU comparison in gaming with some Total War game or Hitman (it is quite CPU demanding at least on my PC )

Comment

Including overclocked results too would be nice, considering that barely anyone runs a Ryzen at stock speed.

Comment

Originally posted by faldzip View Post
        Thanks for this test, I was waiting for it. But there are compilation benchmarks lacking and they are most important for me

Also - you could do some CPU comparison in gaming with some Total War game or Hitman (it is quite CPU demanding at least on my PC )
        Kernel compilation tests are coming in another article. They weren't included here due to some impact on SSD/I/O perf and different SSDs used.
        Michael Larabel
        http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

If compilation is important for you, than a 4 core might not suit to your workflow. Better buy a Ryzen 7 1700.

Comment

Michael thanks!
            Steffo 309$ does not suit my workflow either...

Comment

Michael thanks!
              Steffo 309$ does not suit my workflow either...
              How about $219 (6C12T)? You can get ~$200 from some online shop

Comment

if AMD can reduce the cache latency in low freq RAM from 100+ ms to let say 70- ms, Thread Ripper will tear a new one to most Intel HEDT CPU's and improve a hell lot in single thread operations, can't wait for it

Comment

My overall impression of Ryzen as a product, even though I don't have my own yet, is it seems like the fabrication process is pretty decent. I've read alot of articles and my impression is good. Although I still think a CMT core with three integer units per pipeline built on this process would have beaten these Zens like a dead horse and we can picture where that would leave Intel's products.... hehe.

Well done with the fabrication process. About fing time.

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
                    if AMD can reduce the cache latency in low freq RAM from 100+ ms to let say 70- ms, Thread Ripper will tear a new one to most Intel HEDT CPU's and improve a hell lot in single thread operations, can't wait for it
                    I suspect you mean ns, not ms.

Comment

Working...
                    X