Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6-Way RadeonSI OpenGL vs. RADV Vulkan Comparison

Phoronix: 6-Way RadeonSI OpenGL vs. RADV Vulkan Comparison

Our latest featured article this week in the lead-up to Phoronix's 13th birthday is a new OpenGL RadeonSI vs. Vulkan RADV driver comparison with six different Radeon graphics cards. This also features some older hardware tested making use of the experimental AMDGPU DRM driver, which is needed for RADV to work on more of the GCN card line-up.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good to see that thanks to RADV I can expect to see more than 60fps at all times.

Comment

Good stuff RadV is coming along.
      Must be within 30% of amdgpu pro vulkan performance now... Shame it wasn't included.

Comment

For some reason the Dota2 openGL framerates were higher in the previous article (comparison vs Nvidia).
        Even though both were Linux 4.12 Git + Mesa 17.2
        Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

Originally posted by humbug View Post
          For some reason the Dota2 openGL framerates were higher in the previous article (comparison vs Nvidia).
          That was on different machines, that had i7 7700K and this one is on i5 7600K.

Comment

Originally posted by humbug View Post
            Different CPU and RAM.

Comment

Radv rocks!

Comment

Were low settings in Mad Max chosen to let the system run into the CPU bottleneck? I mean, Vulkan is a lot quicker at 1920x1080 at low preferences but at hardly matters at a few hundred FPS. Does the same trend show at high settings?

Comment

Yay some tests that show what vulkan is about on a realistic CPU!

Comment

Amazing how fast things are coming along. Seems like only a month or two ago that RadV in The Talos Principal for me was falling a little bit behind OpenGL, but I tested it last night and now the game is decently ahead in FPS when using Vulkan/RadV

Comment

Working...
                    X