│ the same way as RANDOMIZE_BASE. Current implementation in the optimal │
    │ configuration have in average 30,000 different possible virtual │
    │ addresses for each memory section. │
    │ │
    │ If unsure, say N.

CONFIG_RANDOMIZE_MEMORY_PHYSICAL_PADDING

Comment

Originally posted by Beherit View Post
      Thank you for the extensive clarification on this.

Is the trigger OS specific, as there doesn't seem to be any Visual Studio devs using Windows reporting this (yet)?

I certainly hope so, as I'm planning on buying a Ryzen system and this made me postpone my planned upgrade until it's resolved.
      This Problem exists for a long time in AMD processors.
      I have a [AMD A10-7800 Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G], and it hapens at least some 5-10 times a week.
      For what I see described here, the error seems the same

its a mess, they never fixed it!
      Processor halts, and you have to press reset and boot again...
      But its not in compile time, its during applications execution, like browsing, video, and some times, but less, happens even in a console session... a nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
        I have a [AMD A10-7800 Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G], and it hapens at least some 5-10 times a week.
        I really hope you're wrong about this. But right now, awaiting the new Coffee Lake series from Intel and coughing up ~€500 more for it, is a more appealing "better safe than sorry"-alternative for me than a Ryzen.

Comment

Originally posted by Beherit View Post
          I really hope you're wrong about this. But right now, awaiting the new Coffee Lake series from Intel and coughing up ~€500 more for it, is a more appealing "better safe than sorry"-alternative for me than a Ryzen.
          Why so glum? The reason I pointed Michael toward this issue is to increase the chance that it'd get solved; I've already seen a few useful developments in that direction. Shit happens with new platforms -- hardly like this is unique to AMD either, even if it may seem this way because all we've been seeing for the past 5-6y is Intel, iterating away.

Comment

but the problem isn't totally disappeared (I mean with ASLR turned off); now is very sporadic and it happens always in gcc, it is not bash or whatever that segfaults, but once every 2-3 hours, gcc itself segfaults

arg

Comment

Can't be, as Matt Dillon is speaking about a problem with SMT and Ryzen is the first CPU from AMD that implements this.

Comment

But its not in compile time, its during applications execution, like browsing, video, and some times, but less, happens even in a console session... a nightmare.
                How the problem is supposed to be the same if you're mentioning the processor halts and instead here we're getting segfaults, also on very different scenarios?

Comment

What you are describing sounds more like a problem I used to see on Kaveri with early graphics drivers. Don't think it has anything to do with the CPU other than maybe a cooling/power problem.

Which graphics driver versions are you running ?
                  Last edited by bridgman; 04 June 2017, 03:43 PM.
                  Test signature

Comment

Hello Everyone, I decided to sign up to the forum to post my experience as well

I am currently running a 1700x on the ASUS Prime x370-Pro running the latest firmware (running the latest BIOS - PRIME X370-PRO BIOS 0612). The system is currently configured with 64 GB of G.Skill Flare X RAM (F4-2400C15Q-64GFX - Ryzen supported) running at 2400MHz at stock timings (15-15-15-39) . I have all the AI tweaker setting set to AUTO (as I can't seem to be able to shut them off) so everything is stock and not overclocked. Current OS is Fedora 25 on kernel 4.10.15, any kernel higher than the 4.10.x series results in consistent Xorg crashes in XFCE

I have tried a number of suggestions that are on this thread (C state, disable SMT and most recently disabling ASLR). I have had no luck at compiling a kernel from day 1 in a ram drive. Consistently SEGFAULTS at random sections in the compile. My compile command line is pretty straightforward
                    make INSTALL_MOD_STRIP-1 rpm. I am able to compile this kernel with the same settings on a 8350 without any issues

Hopefully there is a resolution soon... and I am willing to test whatever is needed to help push this forward...

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

What you are describing sounds more like a problem I used to see on Kaveri with early graphics drivers. Don't think it has anything to do with the CPU other than maybe a cooling/power problem.

Which graphics driver versions are you running ?
                      Hi,
                      I am using Mesa 10.3.2 drivers, I had in the past used AMD drivers, but it seemed even worst...so I switched to open source ones..
                      I am on Linux Mint lmde2, a debian derivative..
                      What do you recommend, to solve this problem?

Comment

Working...
                      X