No announcement yet.

AMD Releases Optimizing C/C++ Compiler For Ryzen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a step backwards in a sense that they should try to mainline their stuff into clang rather than doing separate fork that few people will really use.
    It's possible that they broke the clang to such an extent that mainlining it would be hard. This is not too dissimilar with intels ICC compiler that used to produce better binaries some 7 years ago but I have no idea how well it works and who still uses it since I lost my free license some time ago and it was included in considerably expensive toolchain that intel ships with their stuff.
    Last edited by Guest; 22 May 2017, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tpruzina View Post
      Sounds like a step backwards in a sense that they should try to mainline their stuff into clang rather than doing separate fork that few people will really use.
      It's possible that they broke the clang to such an extent that mainlining it would be hard. This is not too dissimilar with intels ICC compiler that used to produce better binaries some 7 years ago but I have no idea how well it works and who still uses it since I lost my free license some time ago and it was included in considerably expensive toolchain that intel ships with their stuff.
      Please read the first pages of the thread, it's already explained that this is just a compiler for those that need these features NOW (commercial entities usually), while the effort to mainline that stuff in clang is ongoing.

Comment

Working...
      X