• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Lets me open yours Here is the author of Open Source Definition:
    <snip>
    Honestly, WTF are you on about?

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

This is what I don't get... Michael has already published articles about us pushing Ryzen compiler work upstream into llvm/clang and gcc, so it's not at all clear to me how a "proprietary compiler" rumor could even have started.
      People getting their knickers in a twist because they found a thing...

as soon as I saw it was based on clang my thoughts were "oh, so this is the stuff that has not been upstreamed yet" and got excited that there was more performance works in the future.

keep up the good work bridgman and don't let the trolls get you down!

Comment

Clear example of why the Clang licensing was heavily criticized by the FOSS community.

Enjoy your EULA now!

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post

Honestly, WTF are you on about?
          Honestly, read what is written or if you can't then look at picture... close eyed might spot something red on guard's hats

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Honestly, read what is written or if you can't then look at picture... close eyed might spot something red on guard's hats
            I get the feeling you are trying to hard to draw a comparison between two things you don't understand very well

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
              I get the feeling you are trying to hard to draw a comparison between two things you don't understand very well
              I also get a feeling you are trying too soft, as you should try harder... i quoted Open Source Definiton author and you pretend that you do not understand it, should help you something if i quote Free Software author... on maybe this:

The X Window System Trap

Or if you like pictures

https://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/...i-protest.html

That was 11 years ago, but today AMD's RTG smells like old ATi... people does not change just the old tricks revived

Ask libv how ATi shit hurts he knows it
              Last edited by dungeon; 17 May 2017, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cape View Post
                Clear example of why the Clang licensing was heavily criticized by the FOSS community.

Enjoy your EULA now!
                You know what is also good? They will add it to GCC. So you will have a choice since both clang and gcc will get these optimizations. Plus AOCC, of course.

Comment

dungeon This is a binary compiler with stuff they need to be out NOW for commercial use (that does not directly care about FOSS) while they are upstreaming stuff properly.

If they must wait until they have upstreamed everything properly they would be ready by like next year or something. You know how inefficient is upstream with very new stuff in opensource on average, many patches must be reviesed and resent, wait for someone to look at them and so on.

Can you please stop posting bullshit and poster-sized images now?

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post

And who on earth should enable a specific architecture flag despite Gentoo users? All the software out there is compiled more generically ...
                    Why wouldn't you? Seriously if you are developing and deploying on a system or system of systems would it mot Mae sense to target the processors used there?

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

This is what I don't get... Michael has already published articles about us pushing Ryzen compiler work upstream into llvm/clang and gcc, so it's not at all clear to me how a "proprietary compiler" rumor could even have started.
                      Stunted metal development common with some in the open source world. I'm serious here, I like open software and the benefits that can come with it. What I have never understood is the mentality of some in the movement that don't recognize that open source is just one way of doing things. Nothing is perfect and as such we need to recognize that open source has problems including the loss of freedom if you choose the wrong license.

What is even more disgusting here is that the LLVM/Clang community is very open, it is very easy to see what is being worked on at any one time. If people don't want to believe you personally the repositories are easy to review.

Comment

Working...
                      X