No announcement yet.

AMD Ryzen DDR4 Memory Scaling Tests On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some reviewers are running their memory at 3600 and getting some really nice results. Does require the motherboard vendor to support 3600 memory timings which many don't atm.

Comment

Michael You've got the B350 Tomahawk for your 1700, right? That got a new 1.2 bios release today, which supposedly is based off of the 1.21 Beta BIOS. I'm already running the 1.31 (or is it 1.32) beta BIOS, but I heard good things about the 1.21 beta, and it may be worth an update on your system.

Comment

Wow, that's actually interesting. There's usually little to no discernible difference between memory speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by grndzro View Post

Asus, Gigabyte, Asrock(Especially the Taichi if you can find it).

If you get a high end one with the clock generator you can hit DDR4 3600, with Gskill 3600 CL15.
          DO NOT GET THE ASUS. The ASUS mobos have been shit for memory support. Regretting my Asus Prime X370.

Comment

The problem with the taichi is that nobody has them. I ordered mine on the third and it only shipped yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxID10T View Post
              DO NOT GET THE ASUS. The ASUS mobos have been shit for memory support. Regretting my Asus Prime X370.
              Hmm... I'm waiting for the Asus Prime X370 I ordered to arrive - everything else is here. It was pretty much the only mobo available up here in the Great White North.

Maybe by the time it gets here there will be a BIOS update that helps
              Test signature

Comment

I'm waiting on a ITX board that will support 3600 ddr4 speeds. Could be a while, which is ok as I'm also waiting on a VEGA that is 250mm or less.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

Hmm... I'm waiting for the Asus Prime X370 I ordered to arrive - everything else is here. It was pretty much the only mobo available up here in the Great White North.

Maybe by the time it gets here there will be a BIOS update that helps
                  He, he, my Asus AM1M-A mobo get bios updates about 15 times for the first 2+ years . I didn't expected they will support cheap platform and cheap mobo nowhere near that much, but for some reason they did.

In comparison to others, mine experiance with Asus bios updates was really FineWine and much better than expected Of course, this is rule of thumb as that depends - it is irregular and depends per mobo, as not all models and particulary if i look at other vendors not get same amount of updates - majority from the other vendors actually didn't get any bios updates
                  Last edited by dungeon; 29 March 2017, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Based on what I've seen in terms of product reviews, Asus seem to be the worst brand to go for at the moment. That doesn't mean they will remain the worst, but from what I heard, Gigabyte is the quickest to get things done. Personally, I'm still waiting for ITX boards. Biostar released one which seems pretty nice, but I'm not all that fond of the 4-pin CPU connector, and apparently it'll cost around $150. Pretty stupid considering they crammed an X370 in there (seriously, why not a B350 and reduce costs?)

I'd be interested to see 3200MHz results. I heard that seems to make a significant performance difference. I also think the lower-core models might work a little better because the RAM bandwidth will be less saturated.

Comment

Was able to reach 3200 with my G.Skill TridentZ CL16. Profile do not work, but manually setting it to 32 and setting the timing manually and cranking the vmem to 1.40, vcore to +0.0025 did the trick.

Comment

Working...
                      X