Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Benchmarks Of Many ARM Boards From The Raspberry Pi To NVIDIA Jetson TX2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Benchmarks Of Many ARM Boards From The Raspberry Pi To NVIDIA Jetson TX2

    Phoronix: Benchmarks Of Many ARM Boards From The Raspberry Pi To NVIDIA Jetson TX2

    For some weekend benchmarking fun, I compared the Jetson TX2 that NVIDIA released this weekend with their ARM 64-bit "Denver 2" CPU cores paired with four Cortex-A57 cores to various other ARM single board computers I have access to. This is looking at the CPU performance in different benchmarks ranging from cheap ~$10 ARM SBCs to the Raspberry Pi to the Jetson TX1 and Jetson TX2.

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=24384

  • #2
    It would be interesting to compare some newer SBC's based on Rockchip RK3288, RK3399 or RK3368 like the Asus tinker board for instance.

    http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...GA-1604082GA37

    Also a SBC with a Mediatek MT8173 SoC would be neat to have a benchmark comparison.

    Can you run the benchmarks on an existing chromebook?
    Last edited by GraceAsylum; 03-19-2017, 07:21 PM. Reason: Found a benchmark of RK3288

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by GraceAsylum View Post
      It would be interesting to compare some newer SBC's based on Rockchip RK3288, RK3399 or RK3368 like the Asus tinker board for instance.
      ASUS is supposed to be sending out a Tinker Board but hasn't arrived yet.
      Michael Larabel
      http://www.michaellarabel.com/

      Comment


      • #4
        It would be interesting to also have GPU benchmarks for those boards. Will that also happen @Michael?

        Especially if you use Libreelec with Retro Arch it's nice to be able to play PSP games, too.

        Comment


        • #5
          The ODROID-XU4 should have been a nice addition to that lineup with it's Samsung Exynos chip.

          Comment


          • #6
            Curious to see that all the Pi alternatives are still stuck with 3.x kernels.

            Comment


            • #7
              What all these boards have in common is old kernels. Until these things can be used with the current mainline kernel without sacrificing anything (main culprit will be gpu drivers) they don't have much use besides headless servers you set and forget in some dark corner.

              Not to mention that some of these boards are not very cheap and are competing against some atom x86 machines which might have better support.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by R00KIE View Post
                What all these boards have in common is old kernels. Until these things can be used with the current mainline kernel without sacrificing anything (main culprit will be gpu drivers) they don't have much use besides headless servers you set and forget in some dark corner.

                Not to mention that some of these boards are not very cheap and are competing against some atom x86 machines which might have better support.
                The r-pi upstream kernel support seems good. It would be nice to have a dragonboard 410c (and 820c when it ships) in the mix. I have linux-next plus ~30 (nearly half is some core iommu cleanup) patches, most of which should hopefully land in next kernel or two, on db410c with audio/gpu/display/wifi/venus (hw video enc/dec)/etc all working. Not really sure why people waste their time with some of the other boards ;-)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Slartibart View Post
                  The ODROID-XU4 should have been a nice addition to that lineup with it's Samsung Exynos chip.
                  Unfortunately I don't have the XU4, that's why it wasn't tested.
                  Michael Larabel
                  http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Could you try Armbian on the Allwinner boards instead of the known broken vendor distros?

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X