Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LLVM 5.0 Should Offer Better AMD Ryzen Performance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • LLVM 5.0 Should Offer Better AMD Ryzen Performance

    Phoronix: LLVM 5.0 Should Offer Better AMD Ryzen Performance

    While LLVM 4.0 was just released earlier this week, for the LLVM 5.0 release six months down the road there should be better AMD Ryzen (Zen) performance...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-Scheduler-WIP

  • #2
    6 months ahead ... but definitely welcome. I hope gcc will see similar improvements soon(er). I guess the majority of self-compiled code is still made via gcc.
    Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

    Comment


    • #3
      News is coming out that it is not a scheduler problem
      https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Proces...-Silver-Bullet

      Comment


      • #4
        WTF? The article is about Windows 10...
        ## VGA ##
        AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
        Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Ronshere View Post
          News is coming out that it is not a scheduler problem
          https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Proces...-Silver-Bullet
          This LLVM article isn't about the kernel scheduler, rather the compiler scheduler model.
          Michael Larabel
          http://www.michaellarabel.com/

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Michael View Post

            This LLVM article isn't about the kernel scheduler, rather the compiler scheduler model.

            True but the problem here is people not recognizing that Ryzen as very new architecture. I would expect both operaing systems and compilers to show improved support over the next year. It is the way of the inustry since basically forever. Eventually support matures and we dont think About it any more.

            What perplexes me though is who gets wound up over poor gaming performance. Especially on a processor that finally livesup to is billing. It seems like the negativity of the political world is spilling over into the world of AMD processors. Really guys we should be happy that Ryzen is doing so well against Intels crap. We need AMD!


            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by wizard69 View Post


              True but the problem here is people not recognizing that Ryzen as very new architecture. I would expect both operaing systems and compilers to show improved support over the next year. It is the way of the inustry since basically forever. Eventually support matures and we dont think About it any more.

              What perplexes me though is who gets wound up over poor gaming performance. Especially on a processor that finally livesup to is billing. It seems like the negativity of the political world is spilling over into the world of AMD processors. Really guys we should be happy that Ryzen is doing so well against Intels crap. We need AMD!

              Yep- you just love it when a carefully laid plan comes together. This Ryzen thingy has gotten off to a rock-solid start with very good performance, no bugs that Michael has yet turned up, good MB vendor support, good availability and competitive price. Looks like it will age very, very well.

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm amazed with AMD Ryzen performance, the software is far from mature, with mobo issues and STILL defeats the highly optimized Intel performance

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Ronshere View Post
                  News is coming out that it is not a scheduler problem
                  https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Proces...-Silver-Bullet
                  That article doesn't say what it thinks it says.

                  Originally posted by wizard69 View Post


                  True but the problem here is people not recognizing that Ryzen as very new architecture. I would expect both operaing systems and compilers to show improved support over the next year. It is the way of the inustry since basically forever. Eventually support matures and we dont think About it any more.

                  What perplexes me though is who gets wound up over poor gaming performance. Especially on a processor that finally livesup to is billing. It seems like the negativity of the political world is spilling over into the world of AMD processors. Really guys we should be happy that Ryzen is doing so well against Intels crap. We need AMD!

                  I agree (and I'm not any company's fanboy) with you except regarding the "negativity" being caused by politics. We should be happy, but people are fairly complicated: we adapt pretty well (says the frog), form "relationships" with abstract entities (hi APPLE!....LOVEME!!!!!!!), enjoy displaying dominance over others (microSUCK), and....you get the point.
                  Last edited by liam; 03-15-2017, 03:31 AM. Reason: decided to address two posts with one b/c I LOVE THE ENVIRONMENT MORE THAN YOU!

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X