AMD Ryzen 7 1800X vs. Intel Core i7 7700K Linux Gaming Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    1800x doesn't compete with 7700k. it competes with 6900k(and utterly destroys it). for 7700k competition you have to wait for 4 core ryzens
    Only problem with that is that average Joes does not listen But business always listen average Joe and shares immidiatelly go down by 7%

"The 1800X lags behind its Intel counterparts in gaming, regardless of whether it's running at the same clock speed or higher. By how much depends on how modern the game is, and how much it tasks the CPU," said the review.
    Shares of AMD fall after gaming performance of new processors disappoints
    Last edited by dungeon; 02 March 2017, 10:06 PM.

Comment

This is utterly unacceptable. There is something going on that we do not know.

Comment

Originally posted by Filiprino View Post
        This is utterly unacceptable. There is something going on that we do not know.
        Just read what AMD's people say on it, from a link i posted previously:

John Taylor, a spokesman for Advanced Micro Devices and vice president at Worldwide Marketing, told CNBC:"There are a few gaming oriented sites that have expressed some disappointment over gaming performance at low resolution. This is a matter of optimization by those games on Ryzen. The CPU performance shines through strongly in every CPU test reviewers have run. The overwhelming majority [of reviews] are highly positive on Ryzen and its performance, Taylor said.
        Last edited by dungeon; 02 March 2017, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Just read what AMD's people say on it, from a link i posted previously:

Someone has to redo its OpenGL layer adapter. On top of that, original game code has to be modified. Lel.

Comment

I may have made some interesting discovery regarding compiler optimization levels... results tomorrow, rather strange.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

No, its clear there are issues also with the motherboard bios, and perhaps driver issues? Either way I would like to see that DDR4-3600mhz AM4 controller tested because thats what they said it could do!

Comment

Originally posted by Filiprino View Post
                Someone has to redo its OpenGL layer adapter. On top of that, original game code has to be modified. Lel.
                It is fresh new CPU so it is normal, you always have wins and flaws there initially... same like with with new software you always have some progressions and regressions

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

I know, Linux performance governor is a piece of shit and developed by intel freaks based on that there is intel dependencies in the configuration. Use the Bios to control cpu, fans and temp.
                  That will be the case until AMD adds scheduler patches and governor patches, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    I may have made some interesting discovery regarding compiler optimization levels... results tomorrow, rather strange.
                    I hope it is not about Himeno again That -O3 build behave weird on any AMD CPU years ago... while -O2 or static build was fine.

And you also add AVX2 on that recently.
                    Last edited by dungeon; 02 March 2017, 10:40 PM.

Comment

After looking at many reviews, Windows doesn't have this problem so this issue is Linux specific.

Comment

Working...
                      X