Intel Celeron/Pentium/Core i3/i5/i7 - NVIDIA vs. AMD Linux Gaming Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zenbi View Post
    Michael, are you sure that the horizontal/vertical legends aren't simply reversed? The graphs would make much more sense if the different colors where the different video cards (instead of the CPU.)
    No, they are not, it's all automatically produced and generated.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

That was very readable on my phone. Great graphs.
      real interesting to see this data. I3 great.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        Seems an i3 is good enough to play just about any Linux-compatible game. That's actually pretty impressive. Get the overclockable model and bump up the freq and it would likely hold up for a while.
        The Kabylake i3s are truly something else. The i3-7350k has the second best single-thread performance out of the entire Kabylake family, edging out all the i5s and beaten only by the top-end i7-7700k. And it's overclockable. The i5-7600k is faster overall for gaming (since games have gotten better about threading), but not by much.

Comment

Originally posted by oooverclocker View Post
          Tells us two things: Either OpenGL or the current implementation sucks
          Well, if OpenGL AZDO got any traction (and I don't know if it has), then it should be the latter.

Comment

Tells us two things: Either OpenGL or the current implementation sucks
            or current game ports

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
              If i may whish: all benchmarks again at 4k. Would be interesting what games get gpu bound at 4k.
              and 2.5k for complete picture

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                or current game ports
                But Xonotic and ET:Legacy are no ports And really every game shows different results with different CPUs so all of them are CPU bound. They are also GPU- bound in some times so the GPU performance does impact the result as well but it's definitely not optimal.

Comment

But Xonotic and ET:Legacy are no ports
                  but they are screen refresh bound, not cpu bound, no point to make them faster
                  And really every game shows different results with different CPUs so all of them are CPU bound.
                  except unigine on 1050. and we have not seen higher resolutions

Comment

Michael thanks for the test . It seems that for a gamer on a budget, a 1050 with either a g4600 or a g3830 will suffice.

Comment

But Xonotic and ET:Legacy are no ports And really every game shows different results with different CPUs so all of them are CPU bound. They are also GPU- bound in some times so the GPU performance does impact the result as well but it's definitely not optimal.
                      But those two games don't have that demanding graphics, I think. They should be quite easy for any new mid-level or better graphics cards. Probably for some others as well (depending on your definition of easy in this context, of course).

Comment

Working...
                      X