Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KSM: A Hackable x86_64 Hypervisor For Linux/Windows

Phoronix: KSM: A Hackable x86_64 Hypervisor For Linux/Windows

Being announced today on the kernel mailing list is the KSM hypervisor, what's self-described as "a hackable x86-64 hypervisor."..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I did read hackable and think about..
    - Being able to use the Nvidia part on a VM running in a laptop with"Optimus" (I call it "Pessimus"), with Nvidia Geforce GTX960M and Intel Core i7 5700HQ.

Pipe dreams, I suppose :P

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
      I did read hackable and think about..
      - Being able to use the Nvidia part on a VM running in a laptop with"Optimus" (I call it "Pessimus"), with Nvidia Geforce GTX960M and Intel Core i7 5700HQ.

Pipe dreams, I suppose :P
      You could do this already if the laptop`s motherboard supports IOMMU, which I doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyChow View Post
        You could do this already if the laptop`s motherboard supports IOMMU, which I doubt.
        The hardware itself likely does. Board firmware likely does not.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyChow View Post

My Laptop supported the usual requirements, but Optimus was an issue. None of the video output was connected to the card, all had to go through the Intel iGPU framebuffer. Couldn't figure out how to get that hardware topology passed through if even possible at current? To date I don't know of anyone who's successfully achieved such with optimus laptop. You'll see plenty of people trying including myself and sharing information on subreddit r/VFIO.

Comment

Working...
          X