Raspberry Pi Finally Well Supported By Fedora With 25 Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macemoneta View Post
    Unless you're OK using a 15-year old desktop, running a desktop GUI on these little boards will be less than satisfying.
    of course it will be with llvmpipe. but they say that modern fedora on rpi works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by erendorn View Post
      The article claims raspberry 2 AND 3 are well supported. If it doesn't support wifi then it means (raspberry pi 2 and 3) are not well supported. Which is what was said.
      no, he said that raspberry 2 AND 3 are NOT well supported. which is untrue

Comment

Originally posted by macemoneta View Post

Unless you're OK using a 15-year old desktop, running a desktop GUI on these little boards will be less than satisfying. I run them headless, and any UI needed is via a web server. For the RPi2 I have I don't start a desktop GUI, just let Kodi drive the accelerated frame buffer directly. If you want an inexpensive reasonably modern desktop, you can run crouton on a $180 Chromebook and get a much better experience.
        But RPi zero is only $5 so it's ok if it' a bit slow. Nobody can make a faster one without hugely inflating the budget. It's the cheapest Linux computer and thus you should buy it anyway and use on desktop. RPi is also a non-profit organization so every pence spent on RPis is used to cure AIDS in Africa.

Comment

No, it's not well-supported! No audio, no WiFi/Bluetooth, many quirks and bugs. That is not good support.

Comment

Working...
          X