Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Core i7 6800K Benchmarks On Ubuntu + Linux 4.8

Phoronix: Intel Core i7 6800K Benchmarks On Ubuntu + Linux 4.8

While the Core i7 6800K has been available for a few months now, there hadn't been any review on it since Intel hadn't sent out any Broadwell-E samples for Linux testing this time around. However, I did end up finally buying a Core i7 6800K now that the Turbo Boost Max 3.0 support is finally coming together (at first, Intel PR said it wouldn't even be supported on Linux) so that I can run some benchmarks there plus some other interesting items on the horizon for benchmarking. Here are some benchmarks of the i7-6800K from Ubuntu 16.04 LTS with the Linux 4.8 kernel.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Damn, those FX and E5-2609 make me wanna cry.

Comment

I wince when I see people handle CPUs like that without *obvious* anti-static precautions

Comment

Awesome choice of colours (again). I went through the entire first page before realizing that big shiny bar is not the CPU under test. I get that intel is supposed to be blue and AMD red, but the one popping out should always be the item under test.

Comment

Originally posted by speculatrix View Post
          I wince when I see people handle CPUs like that without *obvious* anti-static precautions
          Been doing it 13+ years, no problem.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
            Awesome choice of colours (again). I went through the entire first page before realizing that big shiny bar is not the CPU under test. I get that intel is supposed to be blue and AMD red, but the one popping out should always be the item under test.
            Patches to pts_Graph welcome if you have a better idea.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I moved from a wet environment to a dry one and I only got this problem in the dry one. I think it all depends on your environmental conditions. Maybe something to do with the carpet too :P

Comment

Seeing at least one "consumer" Intel CPU in the list (e.g. some popular i5) would make it more informative. People can more easily compare the results to their own experiences. Xeons don't tell much, home users rarely have those.

Comment

Just discharge on the case first and you're good. No need for esd straps they're a waste of money if you're slightly careful.

Comment

Originally posted by Almindor View Post
                    I moved from a wet environment to a dry one and I only got this problem in the dry one. I think it all depends on your environmental conditions. Maybe something to do with the carpet too :P
                    You should avoid touching any conductive contacts regardless of what environment you're in. It is completely unnecessary to do so and it isn't difficult to avoid.

It reminds me of people who drive without their seat belt on. Yes, there's a high chance that you'll get to your destination collision-free, and an even higher chance that the collision would not require a seat belt to save your life. But it takes so little effort to put it on yet it immensely increases the chances of protecting you.

Comment

Working...
                    X