X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Originally posted by chuckula View Post
    That's a very interesting test chip. I noticed that it is 1.7GHz and no turbo boost, but the ARK site lists it as an 85 watt TDP part. I'd be curious to see some power consumption testing with the benchmarks since I'm willing to bet that in real-world tests you'll see some pretty low power consumption numbers at those clock speeds.
    Xeons are all over the place. Some have 6 cores with no HT, some don't have IGPs, some don't have turbo boost, some can overclock, and so on. Then you have models where the same name has been recycled year after year but just has a new version number, which can get a little confusing at times. If anyone thinks Intel's desktop parts have confusing names, nothing compares to Xeon. Though, I'd argue ARM can be more confusing.

Leave a comment:

• chuckula
    replied
    That's a very interesting test chip. I noticed that it is 1.7GHz and no turbo boost, but the ARK site lists it as an 85 watt TDP part. I'd be curious to see some power consumption testing with the benchmarks since I'm willing to bet that in real-world tests you'll see some pretty low power consumption numbers at those clock speeds.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Upcoming Linux Tests With A $300 Broadwell-EP Xeon CPU

Upcoming Linux Tests With A $300 Broadwell-EP Xeon CPU

Phoronix: Upcoming Linux Tests With A $300 Broadwell-EP Xeon CPU

Unfortunately Intel Corp hadn't sent over any Broadwell-EP hardware earlier this year when launching these new Xeon E5-2600 V5 server processors nor when it came to the high-end consumer Broadwell-E processors. However, I ended up buying a Xeon E5-2609 v4 Broadwell-EP this week for a new system and will be running a variety of upcoming tests...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X