There's Still No Sign Of AMD's Low-Cost ARM Development Boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post
    I suppose "yes, windows software on torrent sites. who cares?" could be interpreted that way.
    it was reply to reply to "Short term ARM server focus"

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post
      I suppose "yes, windows software on torrent sites. who cares?" could be interpreted that way.

I keep forgetting about things like SharePoint when there's so much open-source or SaaS server software to attract the interest of people who upload torrents. (It's not as if this is the pre-YouTube era and we're all high-schoolers pirating WinGate to share our dial-up Internet with some old PCs we linked using scrounged Ethernet cards.)
      WAT?
      I'm lost on what you're trying to say here.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
        WAT?
        I'm lost on what you're trying to say here.
        I didn't initially see how "windows software on torrent sites" could have any relevance to a discussion of servers (and, specifically, server architectures) because it's been so long since I ran into discussion of server-side software that was either free (like dedicated game servers), open-source (eg. nginx, exim, etc.) or written such that it gets architecture independence from having no machine code and being reliant on a runtime like Java/PHP/Ruby/Node.JS/etc.

Comment

No, I am talking about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Duve View Post

No, I am talking about this.
            you were talking about "that gets Red Hat's notice latter", but redhat did notice it long ago http://developers.redhat.com/blog/20...rm-arc-part-3/

Comment

Working...
            X