No announcement yet.

39 System Intel & AMD CPU Benchmarks On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So out of curiosity i downloaded parallel version of himeno benchmark from here http://accc.riken.jp/en/supercom/him...pp/#itemid4564 - Fortran 77 + MPI version
    Then unpacked and configured it like that: ./paramset.sh S 1 1 8
    Then compiled it: mpifort himenoBMTxpr.f
    After that ran the code with this command: mpirun -np 8 ./a.out
    So now it was using all 8 cores of my FX-8320
    And the result was this: MFLOPS: 2489.7217444251705 time(s): 60.719013929367065

Edit: Made a simple script to test it, you do need couple of packages but at least on arch linux it's pretty easy to install them
    Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.
    Last edited by sterky; 27 February 2016, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Hoping to add my home desktop (Phenom II x6 1055t) after I get home for comparison along with an i7-2600/i7-2700 so that I can actually figure out whether it's worthwhile to upgrade my Phenom to an FX-83xx or wait for Zen.
      I've done that comparison several times in the past and more often than not, my Phenom 1090t (@3.8/4.1, 3.0 NB) ended up being faster than the stock FX-8350, and not much slower in some other tests. FX will be quite a bit faster than a stock 1055t for sure, but seriously, wait for Zen.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

I don't own a i7 6700... Intel never ended up sending out desktop SKL samples to me so the only ones I have are the Xeons or Core i5s I bought.
        Looking at the results I don't see any Skylake CPUs, the closest I see are Broadwell CPUs (5XXX). I'd like to see Skylake Core i7 vs Xeon, since Dell for example will sell a Precision 3620 with i7-6700 or E3-1245 v5 for the same price. Therefore I'd like to know if Xeon offers anything against Core-i7.

Previously I've experienced a desktop (Dell Optiplex) SandyBridge unit outperform a significantly more expensive Xeon based Dell R720 unit.

Comment

Originally posted by PFee View Post
          Looking at the results I don't see any Skylake CPUs...
          You didn't look enough then. All Xeon E3 v5 in that chart are Skylake, as is the Pentium G4400.

Comment

Originally posted by PFee View Post

Looking at the results I don't see any Skylake CPUs, the closest I see are Broadwell CPUs (5XXX). I'd like to see Skylake Core i7 vs Xeon, since Dell for example will sell a Precision 3620 with i7-6700 or E3-1245 v5 for the same price. Therefore I'd like to know if Xeon offers anything against Core-i7.

Previously I've experienced a desktop (Dell Optiplex) SandyBridge unit outperform a significantly more expensive Xeon based Dell R720 unit.
            I don't have any Core i7 Skylakes.... But as pointed out, there are Xeon Skylakes and Pentium Skylakes, etc in thsi comparison.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
            X