9-Way Intel Xeon E3 v5 Skylake Benchmarks On Ubuntu Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marceel View Post
    Aren't Xeon processors used for servers? So why it is compared with AMD FX which used on desktop?
    Because I have no recent Opteron and people want to see AMD comparison?
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by atomsymbol

As far as I know, the article does not mention whether the E5-26xx was running with quad channel memory.

Most CPUs benchmarked in the article are E3-26xx for socket 1151, which does not support quad channel.
      Yes, the article does mention I use the highest frequency and maximum number of supported memory channels on each board.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by trifud View Post
        Thanks Michael! I compared these results to several upcoming high-end server CPUs and they are several times faster than the most powerful ones in this test. Unfortunately I cannot disclose details yet.
        Sounds very excellent. Can you give us a rough ballpark on release dates for the shiny and the new ?

(oh - without giving too much away, part of me hopes that these new CPUs have a name that starts with a Z and ends with an N ? ... that would be twice as nice)

Comment

Originally posted by SteveOC64 View Post

Sounds very excellent. Can you give us a rough ballpark on release dates for the shiny and the new ?

(oh - without giving too much away, part of me hopes that these new CPUs have a name that starts with a Z and ends with an N ? ... that would be twice as nice)

We should be seeing these CPUs on the market in several weeks according to the (original) schedule. I will disappoint you here - we are not talking about Z*n. It's from the other team.

Comment

Working...
          X