X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• przemoli
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post

Is Mesa exposing the built against LLVM version somehow yet?
    Looking into it. Though if only single LLVM is installed then:
    Code:
    ls /usr/bin | grep lli-child-target | grep -oh [[:digit:]].[[:digit:]]
    will give You that number. Hope it helps.
    (It use file from llvm-runtime from Ubuntu so I think that file is safe bet)

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    I would love to see how ivy bridge compares to these tests, specifically the i7-3770S and i7-3770T variants with emphasis on CPU not GPU.

Thanks for this review Michael.

Leave a comment:

• r1348
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post

Is Fedora's mesa built against different LLVM versions than what is shippped? Because otherwise F22 is still at 3.5.0.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by przemoli View Post
    Fedora 22 use LLVM 3.6.2 right now...

RadeonSI and up will have subpar performance compared to both Catalyst and LLVM 3.7.

Not saying that results are invalid, just that for someone who wants more there is more to be had

PS Michael do post LLVM version alongside Mesa version!

Leave a comment:

• utack
    replied
    Originally posted by milkylainen View Post
    For us who has grown up, compute/energy density is nigh on the only thing that matters.
    Your country charges so much for power that you care about ~20% more energy efficiency in a _desktop_. Really?
    Personally I am fine with a i5-2500k that is a older fab tech, but with solder so it can be cooled to sane temperatures without a $150 water cooler.

Leave a comment:

• przemoli
    replied
    Fedora 22 use LLVM 3.6.2 right now...

RadeonSI and up will have subpar performance compared to both Catalyst and LLVM 3.7.

Not saying that results are invalid, just that for someone who wants more there is more to be had

PS Michael do post LLVM version alongside Mesa version!

Leave a comment:

• milkylainen
    replied
    Originally posted by utack View Post
    No one gives a damn about efficiency in desktop, when Intel uses thermal paste to keep these parts atrificially hot and non-overclockable.
    For us who has grown up, compute/energy density is nigh on the only thing that matters.
    But sure, for pimple-faces with the latest overclockable CPU, three more FPS in your game with hand picked/tuned DDR might just be the only thing that occupies their mind.

This is an extremely relevant article. Much more so for me than any "Oh look, shiny three more FPS!".

Leave a comment:

• utack
    replied
    No one gives a damn about efficiency in desktop, when Intel uses thermal paste to keep these parts atrificially hot and non-overclockable.

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by boffo View Post
    I'm still hoping AMD will respond with an enthusiast APU. I'd love a fat APU with 14/16 nm fab processing + HBM and no additional ddr3/4 ram for a compact pc.
    I'm sure AMD would love to have that too.

Leave a comment:

• nadro
    replied
    Kaveri performance with OSS drivers are much slower than with Catalyst. Difference is a lot higher than for discrete cards, thats why I hope than for future benchmarks with Kaveri Michael will use Catalyst drivers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X