X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melcar
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Just curious, where are you finding all this hype ? I hadn't even seen the SB750 mentioned in the press other than as a companion to the 790GX.
    Maybe it was just the particular circles I frequent that were guilty of this over hyping.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    AMD hyped this SB750 so much that I'm rather disappointed;
    Just curious, where are you finding all this hype ? I hadn't even seen the SB750 mentioned in the press other than as a companion to the 790GX.

Leave a comment:

• Melcar
    replied
    Originally posted by acreda View Post
    This may explain it, there is a set of benchmarks from the guys at Tech Report http://www.techreport.com/articles.x/15256 stating that the South bridge is runing in IDE and therefore the SB750 is not doing NCQ which would indicate the poor performance for writing speeds (burst speeds are fine) I understand that this ACHI problem existed in the SB600, why has it been carried over if its true?!?!?

ACHI mode does not really work with the SB600 (some BIOS on certain boards even remove the option). According to that review, the new SB still has issues with AHCI, so I think that's why they did not use it. AMD hyped this SB750 so much that I'm rather disappointed; the "extra overclocking" seems more like a gimmick as well.
    Last edited by Melcar; 09 August 2008, 10:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• acreda
    replied
    This may explain it, there is a set of benchmarks from the guys at Tech Report http://www.techreport.com/articles.x/15256 stating that the South bridge is runing in IDE and therefore the SB750 is not doing NCQ which would indicate the poor performance for writing speeds (burst speeds are fine) I understand that this ACHI problem existed in the SB600, why has it been carried over if its true?!?!?

Leave a comment:

• Melcar
    replied
    Is there a way to test USB performance?

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    When I had a couple of Maxtor 6B250S0's running dmraid in raid 0

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied

Nforce 780a on a old Maxtor 6B250S0 drive.
    Last edited by deanjo; 07 August 2008, 10:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Melcar
    replied
    I can't get the bonnie++ tets to run properly, so here is a run with iozone. SB600 with a single SATAII HDD:

Someone has a competing Intel/nvidia solution to compare to?

Leave a comment:

• Redeeman
    replied
    deanjo says write performance on sata is 45% that of competing chipsets....

as for usb, he also says its alot worse than other chipsets...

Leave a comment:

• Melcar
    replied
    Originally posted by Redeeman View Post
    you should think twice about SB750.. apparently the sata and usb performance is not very good..
    I thought it was "improved" over the SB600. SATA and USB performance isn't *that* bad with SB600; it could be better, but it's nothing that will make you cut yourself. If overall performance is better than with SB600 that would be a plus.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X