Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanL View Post

What an ignorant and unhelpful post...
    The graphics alone are interesting, because of the Iris Pro 6200. Michael will be looking to do the usual benchmarks and maybe even try the Beignet OpenCL 2.0 code.
    he's right though danL, skylake is out in just 1 month which is far superior, dx12, usb 3.1, ddr4, probably hardware decoding of h265/vp9 and more. The iris pro 6200 may be re-used on skylake or maybe they will have an even better one. Either way few people will be buying this chip as it's far superior successor is just 1 month away.

Comment

Something to consider: I see some reports that the Broadwell specs call for 1.35V RAM and 1.5V at most. If you're running over-volted RAM, maybe that would cause issues.
      I've been trying 1.5V RAM.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I'm guessing it is a faulty CPU, seeing the Gigabyte mobo won't boot at all. Trying Windows would prove or disprove it nice and easily ? very likely even before getting it installed.

The only other possibility is as someone alluded to earlier, to do with the eDRAM. However I don't think it likely.

Comment

Originally posted by hajj_3 View Post
          The iris pro 6200 may be re-used on skylake or maybe they will have an even better one.
          I'm aware that socketed Broadwell desktop chips aren't going to be hot sellers. Still, the GT3e (6200 Pro) graphics might be the best graphics available for a while because there's no guarantee that a model with GT4e graphics will be available at the initial Skylake launch. If Intel was kind enough to send Michael a Broadwell chip for review, it's interesting to see where Intel's support is at and how much difference the eDRAM makes.

Comment

If Intel was kind enough to send Michael a Broadwell chip for review, it's interesting to see where Intel's support is at and how much difference the eDRAM makes.
            I expect same difference like on Iris Pro 5200, up to the 60% on very hard bandwidth capped scenarios, but on average maybe +20%... well if game is not bandwidth limited then i expect of course - nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Had already tried intel_pstate=disable as well to no avail :/ Though don't think I've tried both disabling intel_idle and pstate at the same time.

Wish there were another firmware update out.... Or that this Gigabyte motherboard would work with the proc, unless there's some hardware issue with this particular CPU sample.
              Have you tried a memory test run from a USB drive but focused on the CPU cache?
              Either that or an acpi issue.
              Trying Windows would allow you to rule out hardware.

Comment

Too bad, that chip seems amazing. And all in a 65W TDP, down-configurable to 37W. Skylake sounds great, but from what I've seen all chips come with GT2, which has half the execution units compared to the Iris 6200. Who knows. We shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyChow View Post
                  Too bad, that chip seems amazing. And all in a 65W TDP, down-configurable to 37W. Skylake sounds great, but from what I've seen all chips come with GT2, which has half the execution units compared to the Iris 6200. Who knows. We shall see.
                  These broadwell chips seem aimed at a very specific niche of people that want a powerful machine but presumably in a small case w/o a dedicated GPU. Skylake is going to be targeting all the markets.

Comment

6200 the myth everyone heard of it but no one ever used it.
                    I wanted to see Linux benchmarks of it.

Comment

Maybe disabling C6/C7 could improvements stability.

Comment

Working...
                      X