Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AfterShot Pro and AMD vs. Intel

Hi!

I'm currently using X3220 Intel Xeon CPU. 4 cores, 2.4GHz, DDR2 memory, it's the Xeon version of the Q6600. It starts to show its age, especially when working with RAW files from Fuji camera in AfterShot Pro. I'm thinking about upgrading my rig to be able to work on my RAW files more efficiently. AfterShot uses all cores available for processing. I use Fedora 21 64bit, fairly standard with gnome-shell. I can switch to an other Linux distribution if that would be beneficial. I play a bit on steam (civ5 mostly) and wine (lfs mostly). I've got GTX750 1GB that I would like to keep - with nvidia binary drivers. It has more power than I need.

So I've got a question to you all:

Which CPU will give me more processing power for AfterShot? AMD or Intel? My price region is around 800 pln (that is PL currency) for CPU. So I'm between Intel i5-4460 or AMD FX-8370E or AMD APU A10 7850K (this one's cheaper but newer). Selecting a mobo and ram chips will be easier.

So I want to know just one thing - the power per $ for AfterShot. For everything else it will be faster than needed anyway.

What can I take as a reference in the benchmarking scores on openbenchmarking for AfterShot Pro?
Working...
X