• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed, WinRT is dead.

Comment

6 times nothing is still nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
        Of course. You get WebKit's ARMv7 JIT-backend instead of the shitty unmaintaiend ARMv5 based backend.
        It was my understanding that a v7 version of LINUX for this board isn't shipping yet. In other words we are seeing the results of running v5 binaries. I could be wrong here as I don't know the exact nature of the testing done here. That does imply that things will get even better when the OS is completely rebuilt for the new chip. It isn't just v7 either as we now have multiple cores to work with.

In a nut shell this could be a very interesting update to the PI board.

Comment

Originally posted by alpha_one_x86 View Post
          Tu have rpi and quad core A7, it's big difference.
          You have by core:
          • Better speed (frequency)
          • Neon for SIMD for large performance improvements, and greate compiler/software usage of NEON
          • Silicon improvements, and power managements
          Wonderful update isn't it! My understanding is that software isn't even taking advantage of those new features yet. Neon for example is completely new.
          On my benchmark, it's 4x more performance by core. Like SSE, SSE2, AVX2 on x86, the multimedia benchmark is better with NEON, but like every thing (web browser, video, game, ...).
          And over this all, have quad core...
          Makes for one very interesting SBC computer especially at $35 a pop.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
            My understanding is that software isn't even taking advantage of those new features yet. Neon for example is completely new.
            Neon is not new, and SIMD was created since more than 20 years... I speak as dev, we use and exploit correctly Neon. Assembly routine is writen into the kernel, web browser, video player, game, ...
            And gcc/llvm take advantage of any SIMD on any architecture. Then if your distro enable Neon at the compilation of code C, you will have large performance boost.
            Multi-core usage require explicit developing for that's. Not SIMD.
            Developer of Ultracopier/CatchChallenger and CEO of Confiared

Comment

Take care, Ordoid c1 is Cortex A5, not A7, less DIPS, but well better frequency. If you have specific task tare care. HDMI without CEC don't allow use as player with OpenElec. But for the rest seam be great.
              Developer of Ultracopier/CatchChallenger and CEO of Confiared

Comment

RT lives on as Win 10 for IoT

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                Indeed, WinRT is dead.
                RT will live on. Rebranded as Windows 10 for IoT. Rasp Pi2 will be supported.

http://dev.windows.com/en-us/feature...errypi2support

Enjoy the view.

Comment

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post
                  RT will live on. Rebranded as Windows 10 for IoT. Rasp Pi2 will be supported.
                  I doubt that. for Windows IoT exsist a Version for the Intel Galileo and the RPI2 Version is the Updates version from that.

Comment

Working...
                  X