AMDKFD Linux Driver Begins Preparing For VI Carrizo APUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    The amdgpu-based stacks are being developed and released in a number of stages, so there isn't really a single date to debate.

Whatever date you have in mind (other than last year), we'll probably be releasing something around that time.
    Sure. But I think people are talking about what date will it be possible to run Catalyst without installing extra proprietary code to the kernel. What kernel release will enable R9 285 to run 100% on AMDGPU? If it's going to be small patches over time, that suggest this will take quite a long time. And you must be releasing new GPUs sometime this year, right?

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
      Volcanic Islands! VoIla sounds better
      I like the name Volcanic Islands; to me it invokes terrible power and creativity.

Not exactly a 'power saving' connotation, though.
      Hi

Comment

The amdgpu-based stacks are being developed and released in a number of stages, so there isn't really a single date to debate.

Whatever date you have in mind (other than last year), we'll probably be releasing something around that time.
        I'm really only interested in the bits that let the Mesa drivers run on new hardware. I'm assuming that would be one of the earliest bits, with all the fglrx stuff coming along much, much later.

I now have January 12th in mind as a date, and you have just officially confirmed something will be coming out soon. Right?
        Last edited by smitty3268; 09 January 2015, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
          ... It's probably already too late to get it into the Spring distros now - we'll likely have to wait until Summer 2015, at least.
          God bless rolling release.
          Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
            It will be there somewhere around winter 2015 , but no one clarified which one - this one or at the end of year
            Haha, that's like saying "it'll be out for the 2015 holiday period" when there are around five holiday periods in a year

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
              I like the name Volcanic Islands; to me it invokes terrible power and creativity.

You have to power them using geothermal energy.

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post

I want them to have a pulsing red/orange/yellow LED inside a transparent watercooling unit so it looks like Lava on their high end models.

Using the built in temperature sensors, just adjust the colours so that when it's hot it gets brighter and brighter (more and more to yellow until it starts to get to white)

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                  I'm really only interested in the bits that let the Mesa drivers run on new hardware. I'm assuming that would be one of the earliest bits, with all the fglrx stuff coming along much, much later.

I now have January 12th in mind as a date, and you have just officially confirmed something will be coming out soon. Right?
                  Perhaps I shouldn't have said "whatever *date* you have in mind, I was thinking something a bit less specific like *timeframe*

Hey, did you know it's warmer on Mars today than it is in Canada ?
                  Test signature

Comment

Perhaps I shouldn't have said "whatever *date* you have in mind, I was thinking something a bit less specific like *timeframe*

Hey, did you know it's warmer on Mars today than it is in Canada ?
                    I'm sure the night side and the poles of mars must be colder. Maybe the equator regions are warmer.

Comment

Yeah, specifically it's warmer in the spot where the Mars Curiosity rover was measuring yesterday.

The Mars Curiosity Rover had a warmer day on Mars yesterday than most Canadians and Americans in the northern U.S.

I suppose Mars probably has its equivalent of Canada too
                      Test signature

Comment

Working...
                      X