Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kano
    replied
    If somebody from AMD wants to send me one set I would take it but I will not buy it. I really prefer Intel/Nvidia (PCI-E) for much better stability and really good speed. Intel/ATI (PCI-E) is an extremely bad combination. Informer Nvidia/ATI (AGP) was working more stable on Linux too but that X700SE card killed my nerves. Especially when switching from ati to fglrx -> system lock - that's not normal...

Leave a comment:

• f33l
    replied
    once ATI/AMD provides state of the art open-source drivers, I might go back to an all-AMD system by end-2008 beginning of 2009. let's hope for the best...

Leave a comment:

• d2kx
    replied
    I will do so right after the 790FX/SB700 boards launch

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Buy one, then you will see how fast it will get (or not).

Leave a comment:

• d2kx
    replied

The Phenom 9600 has been clocked to 3,25 GHz with air cooling. From what several german forums say, all the new Phenom's (9600 BE) are able to reach 2,8-3,0 pretty easy now instead of at launch where they didn't even reach 2,6 GHz... and with the B3 stepping launching today, which seems to be able to get overclocked a little higher, the Phenom is definitly not a bad choice even for high-end gamers now.

Leave a comment:

• rkleemann
    replied
    The consensus is that for linux the Phenom is NOT the better choice?

We have yet to see conclusive linux benchmarks since some issues related to kernel are still being resolved.

Leave a comment:

• Raven3x7
    replied
    Current reports indicate that how well the 45nm CPUs will overclock depends on the lot, so its a toss up. I think if you where to buy Intel for overclocking either pick a G0 Q6600 or wait for Intel's 45nm process to stabilize. Just make sure you use applications that can make use of more than 2 cores. Otherwise a fast dualcore is probably a better buy anyway.
    Last edited by Raven3x7; 20 January 2008, 10:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Well I wait for the new 45 nm Quads too... E6600 works well at 3Ghz without Vcore change, want to see what the new CPUs can do...

Leave a comment:

• Kibou
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    Last will be faster, thats absolutely clear.
    The Q6600 is much more expensive though (than the phenom 9500).
    Also the new 45nm Q9300 (which I guess replaces the Q6600) is just around the corner.
    Last edited by Kibou; 19 January 2008, 04:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Last will be faster, thats absolutely clear.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X