Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With A New Motherboard, The Core i7 5960X Haswell-E Lights Up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • With A New Motherboard, The Core i7 5960X Haswell-E Lights Up

    Phoronix: With A New Motherboard, The Core i7 5960X Haswell-E Lights Up

    As an update to my story from Friday about my X99 motherboard burning up when building a Core i7 5960X (Haswell-E) setup, which was followed by another reviewer independently running into a similar situation with his i7-5960X + X99 testing, I now have the system operational with using a new motherboard.

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=20883

  • #2
    The headline made me expect images of a glowing cpu this time

    Comment


    • #3
      Now you need this > http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/7/611...itor-announced to have the ultimate setup.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
        Now you need this > http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/7/611...itor-announced to have the ultimate setup.
        No. from the sound of it it's 2 panels in one display and the connection standards aren't there yet to properly drive a display of that resolution. If it's anything like Dell's early 4K displays the input lag ON THE FUCKING DESKTOP will be unacceptably high.

        Comment


        • #5
          hm

          Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
          Now you need this > http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/7/611...itor-announced to have the ultimate setup.
          every 3 months a new "resolution" is out, even when nothing in video or game world support it... i'm imagine some people with a intel atom using this monitor

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
            The headline made me expect images of a glowing cpu this time
            Yeah... I was honestly expecting that the processor had literally gone up in flames with that headline

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Kivada View Post
              No. from the sound of it it's 2 panels in one display and the connection standards aren't there yet to properly drive a display of that resolution.
              True dat.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
                Yeah... I was honestly expecting that the processor had literally gone up in flames with that headline
                'Lights up' is an old expression denoting success! Or, at least where I'm from, someone get's a rush of blood which is a derivative anyway.

                But yes, it's probably not the best turn of phrase considering the previous article.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                  Phoronix: With A New Motherboard, The Core i7 5960X Haswell-E Lights Up

                  As an update to my story from Friday about my X99 motherboard burning up when building a Core i7 5960X (Haswell-E) setup, which was followed by another reviewer independently running into a similar situation with his i7-5960X + X99 testing, I now have the system operational with using a new motherboard.

                  http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=20883
                  Michael is either lucky or "blessed in some way" to get a refund.

                  Based on my own experiences in matters like this, the rest of us "proles" would get a wooden broom handle in this matter.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I don't suppose you're going to quad-GPU with that thing?

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X