No announcement yet.

Russia To Replace AMD/Intel CPUs With 64-bit ARM Hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like Russia isn't identifying themselves with Europe a whole lot lately.
    This is Europe does not identify itself with Russia.

Comment

europe is only producing conchita wurst (or whatever it's called) today and I'm glad Russia doesn't associate itself with it. And it's clear Russia doesn't want to depend on pendosian technology any longer as they smother Russia with sanctions.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
        Plus ARM chips are so tightly integrated and there are hundreds of variations between them (SoC A uses radio A, gpu B, SoC B uses the same CPU as SoC A but with radio B and gpu A, and so on and so forth). Getting proper drivers is going to be a nightmare unless desktop ARM chips are made to have only the CPU cores and nothing else.
        we might have an answer to that at hand:

Comment

Daily reminder that Edward Snowden is still alive, while Alex Litvinenko is dead and buried in a lead-lined coffin after being murdered with Polonium by the Russian state.

Russia is a state of tyranny, ethnic cleansing and homophobia. Shun them at every possible turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth View Post
            Daily reminder that Edward Snowden is still alive, while Alex Litvinenko is dead and buried in a lead-lined coffin after being murdered with Polonium by the Russian state.

Russia is a state of tyranny, ethnic cleansing and 3:homophobia. Shun them at every possible turn.
            Polonium - CIA murdered Jassir Arafat exactly same way.

Tyranny - by same definition Michael and Obama are also tyrans?
            Ethnic cleansing - no, Russians are known to be extemely tolerant and there are laws against antisemitism.
            Homophobia - no, Putin already answered: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqrTFNJXHw0, proof - the host of russian mode show "Modny Prigovor" that is running more than half of the decade in 1st public channel is gay, and no problem - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEXe7dW6Zoc
            Last edited by brosis; 21 June 2014, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
              Ha ha ha, because Russia would never spy on anyone, right?
              Huge difference between Russia and USA - when Russians spy, they don't lie about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth View Post
                Russia is a state of tyranny, ethnic cleansing and homophobia. Shun them at every possible turn.
                I think the same thing about Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by brosis View Post
                  Huge difference between Russia and USA - when Russians spy, they don't lie about it.
                  LOL, nice one.
                  I didn't know this thread requires popcorn...

All nations spy, all nations lie, and all of them deny everything, until they are caught red handed.

Comment

Russia is not the place were most of internet traffic goes. Also, Russia cannot coerce many other countries to tap their submarine cables and cellular networks.
                    Remember that the NSA can, in practice, according to themselves, read 1.6% of the internet traffic, which is more than enough to read all the HTTP, mails, video/voice chats, etc., etc.
                    I'd prefer to use Russian systems over American ones, at least if they are relatively comparable.

Comment

Originally posted by Kivada View Post
                      Actually, as 'MURICAN, I'm not bothered much if the Ruskies want to spy on me, so long as they don't share it with the NSA.
                      You shouldn't care about those Russian CPUs. You'll likely never see them because all money will go to buy more Luxury Homes in London.
                      And even if those SOCs will ever appear it's will be standard SOCs with no drivers for Linux, but 10x more expensive.

Comment

Working...
                      X