• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fithisux
    replied
    Loongson

Originally posted by _SXX_ View Post
    To be fair we still don't see any real news about Chinese government/customers switch to their MIPS CPUs. E.g those are here and you can buy them, but it's doesn't looks like they going to switch from Windoze anytime soon.
    Where can loongson 3 be bought?

Leave a comment:

• blackiwid
    replied
    Originally posted by sunweb View Post
    Ofcourse it seems ARM is easier to work with so maybe now they will have slow government PCs especially since Windows 8 can run ARM now

It would be just retarded to use own prozessors + windows to prevent spying, I mean if they only would want to earn money with that cpus ok... but to prevent security shit and use windows would be retarded.

I am not a big putin advocate, but I think he is going that route

Leave a comment:

• prodigy_
    replied
    Originally posted by cookieninja View Post
    Sure they will, just like they were planning to migrate away from Windows a few years ago.
    Anti-American rhetoric, that's all it is.
    Not exactly. In fact nobody cares. Even the rhetorics is just a pretext for our oligarch leaders to steal more money from the budget, from the people. You need to live in Russia to understand what's really happening here. Every word you hear from our government is a lie - and a lie that seemingly reeks of insanity. But when you look at true intentions there's no sign of madness. They're simply crooks who have been methodically robbing the country for the last two and a half decades. And they're not going to stop.

Leave a comment:

• Paul-L
    replied
    Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
    Polls consistently show the US as one of the more popular countries in the world, which makes me think you are self-selecting who you hang out with. Typically various western-European countries are up there with them, along with Canada, China, and Brazil.
    Operation Condor, pretty much my answer, look at that first, and then you can talk about South America (which Brazil is part of).

And, well, China, guess who has the majority of the U.S debt, hint: is not Canada.

Leave a comment:

• Imroy
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul-L View Post
    Well, I don't see anyone who doesn't hate the U.S,...
    Um, Israel? But it costs several $Billion/year in "aid" and using their veto power in the UN Security Council to quash any criticism of Israel.

Boy, is this discussion getting off-topic!

Leave a comment:

• FutureSuture
    replied
    Originally posted by cookieninja View Post
    Sure they will, just like they were planning to migrate away from Windows a few years ago.
    Awww, that didn't happen?

Leave a comment:

• brad0
    replied
    Originally posted by hajj_3 View Post
    It will be interesting to find out which gpu vendor they use. I would hope they would pick intel due to their open source drivers.
    If they're not using Intel CPUs then they obviously cannot use Intel GPUs.

Leave a comment:

• _SXX_
    replied
    Originally posted by sunweb View Post
    China said they're making their CPU, they did it, Russia is just talking.
    To be fair we still don't see any real news about Chinese government/customers switch to their MIPS CPUs. E.g those are here and you can buy them, but it's doesn't looks like they going to switch from Windoze anytime soon.

Leave a comment:

• sunweb
    replied
    Russians and their paranoia again. Wheren't they already creating some CPU of their own for this very purpose? It seems that they like to spend money without showing any results. What about Windows? I've read long ago they wanted to dump it and then another article where they want to dump it? So nothing changes except the money floating from one pocket to another.
    Making your own chips for weaponary is understandable but general usage CPUs really? Don't they have any signal blockers in their buildings or their security in government agencies is so low? This is all the same as their previous heroic attemps to make something good which turns to be corruption that blossoms on government level.
    China said they're making their CPU, they did it, Russia is just talking. Ofcourse it seems ARM is easier to work with so maybe now they will have slow government PCs especially since Windows 8 can run ARM now

Leave a comment:

• _SXX_
    replied
    Originally posted by Kivada View Post
    Actually, as 'MURICAN, I'm not bothered much if the Ruskies want to spy on me, so long as they don't share it with the NSA.
    You shouldn't care about those Russian CPUs. You'll likely never see them because all money will go to buy more Luxury Homes in London.
    And even if those SOCs will ever appear it's will be standard SOCs with no drivers for Linux, but 10x more expensive.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X