Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recapping All Of Our Linux Coverage Of AMD's AM1 APUs

Phoronix: Recapping All Of Our Linux Coverage Of AMD's AM1 APUs

Just under one month ago AMD released their AM1 APUs that resurrected the Sempron and Athlon branding for these low-end APUs packing up to four "Jaguar" CPU cores with Radeon R3 Graphics...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I know pricing is very different, but it would have been nice to compare these A1 APU's with some of the recent low power offerings from Intel

Comment

Originally posted by mendieta View Post
      I know pricing is very different, but it would have been nice to compare these A1 APU's with some of the recent low power offerings from Intel
      You think it matters? When you're dealing with low power non-embedded systems, you really aren't looking for the CPU to do much of the unit's real work.

Does UVD work on these things?

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
        You think it matters? When you're dealing with low power non-embedded systems, you really aren't looking for the CPU to do much of the unit's real work.

Does UVD work on these things?
        Yes UVD and VCE support.

Comment

Thanks for all the benchmarks, Michael. The Linux community benefits greatly from this, we have too many people doing Windows only comparisons.

I'm thinking about getting one of these new APUs to replace my Athlon II X2 245 + GeForce 210 media center. The performance will be comparable but with less than 1/3 of the TPD. A bit less CPU performance but a nice GPU boost.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
            Yes UVD and VCE support.
            What about JPEG decoder, could that be somehow implemented in opensource driver?

Not that i need that, but hardware support it so... just asking .

Comment

I believe that slide was about the OpenCL support in libjpeg-turbo, which has already been contributed, but not yet merged I think.

Comment

Working...
              X